Breech Babies!

EllieBelle

Reaction score
My MW has just informed me that my baby is fully engaged, but he is still very much breech - I am booked in for a c-section in 9 days when I will be 39+1.

Both my MW's have told me to keep an eye open for labour signs and to obviously go into hospital immediately if I go into labour.......

Does anyone know if breech babies are likely to arrive early, particularly if they are fully engaged?

I had so many questions that I forgot to ask this one!! I was told that breech babies can cause uneven pressure, which can mean your waters break earlier rather than later! I guess im trying to anticipate whether its likely I will last another 9 days!

Sam was breech for the last 8 weeks. My waters went pop at 36 weeks when I was in the bath. I asked different midwives why they might have gone early and nobody seemed to know "just one of those things" they said. But what you have been told about the uneven pressure makes alot more sense!!

So, in my case, yes, I did have a breech baby early.

Is this your first?? If so, please know that my c-section was a very positive despite it all being such a shock. (Waters went at 8.30pm, Sam was born at 11pm). Recovered really well and really quickly.

Lisa x

eep, i saw the title and thought i'd be able to answer this! my daughter was breech but she turned at nearly 37 weeks. and didnt engage until labour. i'm sorry i cant help u, good luck with the section! :hug: :hug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back