Did anyone else get the 13 week aches?

KJ

Reaction score
Hi all,

my first day in 2nd tri. Been a bit nervous about posting in here, don't know why!

Just hit 13 weeks and for several weeks now I've been free of aches and pains. Obviously got them in the early weeks like everyone else.

But the last few days I've been getting womb-ache again. Is this normal? I'm presuming it's my uterus growing out of my pelvis but just wanted reassurance that other people had experienced the same thing.

K.xxx

Hey KJ

Welcome to tri 2 - don't be nervous, glad to see you here. I was looking for you the other day actually as I remember you from tri 1 and I hadn't seen you in here yet, I figured you must be a long any day.

I didn't get any pains at 13 weeks, was about the first time I felt normal to be honest! But have had a few twinges this week which I guess are ligament stretching.

TB x

Hi Kj

Glad to see you was just wondering about posting to see how you are!

I have had a few aches but nothing much compared to early on type AF pains. I am sure it is normal though with all the stretching going on.

How are things going otherwise?

xx

hi hun i had a few twinges a few days ago in lower abdomen area but nothing really painful! i have had my sciatic nerve trapped since i was 6 weeks and cant sleep properly and was hoping it wud go soon but it aint lol. has anyone got any advice on other things we will experience in this trimester? i have got a 4yr old but seems like an eternity since i had her and cant remember what i experienced. xxxx

kimheath said:
has anyone got any advice on other things we will experience in this trimester?

Let me see:

addiction to baby catalogues
overwhelming urge to kit out your entire nursery
Need to get inventive to keep your lady garden in order! :oops:
expanding waistline and need to buy a whole new wardrobe of clothes
:rotfl:

Tri 2 has been wonderful for me so far compared to the trauma of tri 1!

topbird said:
kimheath said:
has anyone got any advice on other things we will experience in this trimester?

Let me see:

addiction to baby catalogues
overwhelming urge to kit out your entire nursery
Need to get inventive to keep your lady garden in order! :oops:
expanding waistline and need to buy a whole new wardrobe of clothes
:rotfl:

Tri 2 has been wonderful for me so far compared to the trauma of tri 1!

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: Cant wait!!!! xxxxx

Hello to all die hard tri 2ers, and to all the guys i remeber recently form tri 1.

Weird to believe I'm finally here! Actually allowing myself to get excited now!!

It's weird, not really showing but this morning, bang on 13 weeks I have a little roundess lower down!! Hee Hee! The start of my bump! Very happy!

Hi nikkif, no my aches are nothing compared to early on, but more than I've felt in the past 5 weeks or so. I rekon it is because in tri 2 our uterus becomes an abdominal organ instead of a pelvic one, so all my ligaments etc, are like "owww!, what's this large round object invading our space!!"

Think I' might be going slightly crazy! Also definintely getting 'brain shrinkage' recently. Been saying the most ridiculous things and feeling like my IQ has dropped several 100 points!!

xxx

oh and Kim, that sciatic nerve sounds very painful. I knew a lady who had that in one of her pregnancies and she was on crutches in the end. How is yours when walking?

xxx

KJ said:
Think I' might be going slightly crazy! Also definintely getting 'brain shrinkage' recently. Been saying the most ridiculous things and feeling like my IQ has dropped several 100 points!!
xxx

Oh yes - forgot that one - complete amnesia, I have done some very daft things and frequently forget what I am saying mid sentence.

Hi

Welcome hun :wave:
Your pains are normal think you will experience a bunch of new uncomfy pregnancy related symptoms now :)
Katrina

glad its not just me- i am getting forgetful and a bit dizzy and my tummy is also rounder and feels harder too. Defo the start of a bump.

Did many of you guys get maternity clothes at the "in between" stage? i am shopping on fri and was wondering what to go for, my work trousers are getting tighter this week!!

xx

Hi Nikkif,

I already wear maternity trousers. Not becuase I really have to but they're more comfortable.

Also, the ones I have are the ones with adjustable elastic and buttons at the sides, so I just have them on the smallest setting and they're just like normal trousers.

K.xxx

ahh hun you foinally joined us :clap: :dance:

i haven't been here in a while :hug:

Hi KJ nice to see you posting here :) Welcome to the 2nd Tri. :)

I had a few aches and pains in the first weeks of this trimester but they have eased off now. Your aches sound like ligaments stretching and the uterus growing. This is quite a growing phase and I found I went from normal clothes to maternity wear in a matter of one week! :dance:

the sciatica is when walking unless i have stood for a while or walked a long distance (which i dont often do lol), but its at night it is the worst cus i have difficulty turning over and go stiff every so often. i dont know whether there is anything i can do to help ease it or whether i should mention it to my doc or mw. what do you think? xxxx

I would definitley mention it to your GP or midwife. There might be something they can do.

I can ask my colleague who had it tomorrow and let you know whether she found anything that helped.

K.xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back