*** DH/OH appreciation thread ***

CARNAT22

Reaction score
This is shamelessly stolen from Tri 3 (but I thought it was so lovely I had to steal it :))

I thought we could have a place where we could share the nice things our OH does for us whislt we are going through this TTC battle

I'll start

* My darling OH overcame his fear of needles to have a blood test last week for our genetics testing (he has also stopped smoking)
* He always lays with me after BD'ing whilst I have my legs in the air :) he keeps me company whilst he little fella's make their journey!!
* He never complains or moans when I get all bossy about BD'ing [I suspect he likes it really]
* He has held my hand, dried my tears and generally been an angel through-out all of our M/c's.

xxxxxxxx

Last edited:
Love love love this!! Mine also lays with me whilst keeping legs up in the air!!

He is good as good being there for me throughout. If I wanna cry, shout, laugh, whatever, I can count on him!! He is also an expert in keeping me positive and knows exactly what to say!! Love him lots!! Xxx

i have to give a shout out to my wonderfull hubby - not that he will ever read it lol!

it breaks my heart when i get AF each month and I know it is starting to upset him too. there is nothing i want more than to tell him that we are having a baby - he will be as exited, nervous, delighted and over the moon as i will be.

so thank you for being caring, considerate, level headad, gentle and patient!!

I love this thread as its so easy for the ttc journey to be all about us girls that we forget our OH/DH are on it too

My DH....
* will stop mid-bd to grab the pillow to put under my bum (talk about will power!)
* will bd with me when i tell him to regardless of how tired he is from work/injured from rugby
* remains positive throughout, even when i get my negative head on me and puts things into perspective for me
* has been there for me when iv needed to rant or cry and given me a cuddle, espec during my last mamouth cycle
* and i feel i can tell him anything i write on here including about opk's, smep etc and it doesnt phaze him

DH you are my world and I cant wait for our family to grow xxxxx

Awwwww. This made me all teary.

My wonderful husband is the best thing that ever happened to me.

* He will always BD, even after a long day at work. And unlike me he won't complain.

* He'll stop mid BD to make sure we get in the right position and get my bum cushion!

* He always keeps me company during legs up time.

* He considers my feelings instantly if something happens that could upset me.

* When I get AF he buys my presents.

* He is always there to cuddle me, and never ever makes me feel like its my fault we've not conceived yet.

What a man. I couldnt live without him. Xxxxx

My hubby is the best thing that has ever happened to me and I don't know what I what I would do without him.

* He always give me a cuddle when the AF arrives. Wherever this is he will always drop what he doing to text, phone or cuddle me if we are in person and tell me that next month will be 'us'.

* He comes to every appointment and never ever complains. He even spent hours getting to Harley Street once so he could do his sample and hours back again even though he had already done his NHS samples.

* He tries to cheer me up with stories about the things we will do when our bambino does arrive and we are finally a family.

* He counts the clock when i have legs up and works check when i am ovulating.

* He always texts me to say he misses me even when he has just dropped me off at the station.

* He helped me for hours on end planning our wedding and when we lost our venue 6 weeks before he re did everything with me and never complained, even driving up to Ruby to go to church every other week which took up most of our Sunday.

* He always sticks up for me when I am hurt or if someone upsets me.

* Before we got engaged he secretely drove up to Rugby in Warwick from Essex and back to speak to my father and ask his permisison to marry me so that when we went to Paris the next week he knew my father was happy.

* He wrote a poem about me and read it out to everyone on our wedding day. He got some stick but he still did it.

* He puts up with my hormonal tendancies and reasure me when I don't feel my best.

* But most of he tells me that even if we never have children he will stick by me and I believe him.

Don't get my wrong we have our ups and down like most couples and we row, but he really is my soul mate and my better half! :)

Gizzy xxxx

Wow what a lot of lovely hubbies.

My hubby is my world and i honestly dont know what id do without him(esp atm with everything with my sis) he is fab with every part of the ttc journey and keeps me sane when i get to the point that i cant go on, he will make a fab daddy and i cant wait to make him one.

Michelle. x

awww... thats so nice girls! congratulations to all of us for finding our DH/OH :)

DH and I moved to UK a couple of years ago leaving all our family and friends back in US and India - we have no relatives here and have hardly started making friends around. So its just us! Still my dear husband has been so nice throughout the WTT and TTC period! He does not complain a bit even though we have been BDing like crazy! He maintains sanity in the house by not being obsessed abt TTC :) Also, he has really put a lot of effort into understanding all the slangs of TTC and looks at my FF chart everyday. And whenever I am busy PFing, he offers to make me tea and prepare dinner!

All in all, he is my best friend and couldn't have asked for anything more!

How lucky are well all, hey?

xxxxxxxxxxxx

Oh the irony - after starting this thread yesterday my OH drove me bonkers last night!

OH is on day 6 of not smoking and was in a right grump. He is self employed and doesn't have any work at the moment either so that doesn't help (Jan is always quiet which we know, so he is working on our place)

Anyhoo, I get home and fill him in about the scan - he listened and asked a few questions. I then explained we need to bd for the next few days etc.... OH then accuses me of being obsessed about TTC. He said it's all I ever talk about and the fact that I only want sex when I can get pregnant is driving him crazy...

I then of course stomped off, told him we'll never have sex again etc... :shock:

Things calmed down, OH apologied and said he is happy to BD whenever and all his little spermies belong to me, he just doesn't need to be told constantly we must to have sex.

We did BD and as usual he laid with me whilst I was doing my after sex thingy!

I just thought I'd counter balance the fact my OH is a star with the fact he is also occasionally an A-hole too :)

xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Ha ha carnat that's classic!!

This thread has given me goosebumps throughout, sooooo lovely :)

My OH is my world I honestly could not live without him, he's happy to listen to my rants about everyone being preggers but me, happy to get into the best baby making positions, makes jokes when I'm feeling low to cheer me up and just "knows" when I need a hug, makes me feel loved everyday and is really interested in learning about ovulation and implantation cramps etc!! he's such a loving person with the biggest heart and he's gonna make such a fantastic daddy, I've fantasised so much about how I will tell him it's actually happening!

Ok I'll stop now!!! ha ha overall he is my BFF and cant wait to build a family with him, plus he's gorgeous so our kids will be too ha ha ha ha :)

BB xxxxx

If we ever get there I hope our bub looks like OH if it's a boy and even if we have a girl I want her to have her Daddies eyes, lips and ears... OH is much, much more striking than I am ...

xxxxxxxx

Last edited:
How funny Carnat I ranted on and on about my OH yesterday in this thread and same thing last night for me!!

We went to bed with the right hump with each other over the most ridiulous thing ever. He came in from football last night so he was tired so a bit humpy anyway, and I am due on so a bit hormonal... so i initiated DTD as he accused me of our 'sex' being only when i ovulated, but then I had not (god forbid) put the lube back in the right place next to the bed so we ended up arguing about who was going to find it as he wanted me to go downstairs to get it! He kind of ordered me to find it as I had not put it back. I said' thats it, I am not having sex when we are like this' and we both turned over and went to sleep. I was a bit annoyed with him for doing that as we never go to bed on a row. But this morning he woke up and said sorry and he has just called me so we have arranged a date night for Saturday so we get to spend some quality time with each other.

SO yes Carnat they can be assholes as well epspecially when they are moody!!!

Gizz xxxx

Aww gizzy!! Sometimes its so annoying when they switch like that! My OH will say something to annoy me just when I'm looking at him thinking 'god, in so lucky to have you' lol! My favourite word is "you're such a man sometimes lol"

Carnat - def want my baby boy to look exactly like OH all his baby pics are so cute, just wanna eat him, our girl will defo have to have his eyelashes, dimples and smile -oh and his metabolism I'm a yo yo dieter and wouldn't wish it on anyone, he can eat and eat and eat and it goes no where grrrrr!

xxxx

How funny Carnat I ranted on and on about my OH yesterday in this thread and same thing last night for me!!

We went to bed with the right hump with each other over the most ridiulous thing ever. He came in from football last night so he was tired so a bit humpy anyway, and I am due on so a bit hormonal... so i initiated DTD as he accused me of our 'sex' being only when i ovulated, but then I had not (god forbid) put the lube back in the right place next to the bed so we ended up arguing about who was going to find it as he wanted me to go downstairs to get it! He kind of ordered me to find it as I had not put it back. I said' thats it, I am not having sex when we are like this' and we both turned over and went to sleep. I was a bit annoyed with him for doing that as we never go to bed on a row. But this morning he woke up and said sorry and he has just called me so we have arranged a date night for Saturday so we get to spend some quality time with each other.

SO yes Carnat they can be assholes as well epspecially when they are moody!!!

Gizz xxxx

LOL, maybe this thread was the 'kiss of death' and everyone's OH was a plank after they posted in it :)

xxxxxxxx

Last edited:
Aww gizzy!! Sometimes its so annoying when they switch like that! My OH will say something to annoy me just when I'm looking at him thinking 'god, in so lucky to have you' lol! My favourite word is "you're such a man sometimes lol"

Carnat - def want my baby boy to look exactly like OH all his baby pics are so cute, just wanna eat him, our girl will defo have to have his eyelashes, dimples and smile -oh and his metabolism I'm a yo yo dieter and wouldn't wish it on anyone, he can eat and eat and eat and it goes no where grrrrr!

xxxx

Def want any kids to have OH's metabolism as well.

I am at a good weight now and very happy with myself but I have had to twice in my life lose weight (I lost 3 stone back in 2006 and half that more recently!)

OH can eat what he pleases and still never gain weight. His Dad (66 years of age) is still lithe and slender. OH will be the same as him no doubt!

xxxxxxxxx

Ha ha - there are up and downs for us all - it must be hard for all OHs to go through this ttc crap with us!

Mine is the calmest man in the world and we very rarely argue - neither of us likes conflict and so we just tell each other if we've upset one another and just sort it out. We're not perfect but we are best friends. I would love to tell him I was having his baby, it would be amazing. He would also be the perfect birthing partner because he's calm in a crisis!

He is being amazing this week because we're fitting SMEP around his shifts and I'm not taking no for an answer! Tonight we've got a BD date at midnight when he gets home from work and then one again tomorrow at 3pm before he leaves for work at 4! Then Sunday before he leaves for work at 2 even though he will probably only wake up at 12 after a night shift! I love the way he will do all of this for me and our potential family!

Love him xxxxxxxxxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back