Desperately need some help :(UPDATE 3 page 4 OMG!!!!

Sounds like you are doing a great job so far. We also had issues with Layla going through the night but the key is (we found) to be firm and consistent but fair. If she cries now I leave her for 10mins-15mins and then if she's still hysterical I go into her room and lay her back down, shhhhhh, and stroke her but I by no means pick her up, talk to her or interact with her...basically I don't give her any attention. Once she stops crying I leave the room and basically keep repeating this until she goes to sleep. At first it took up to an hour or even more but once she learnt that I wasn't going to pick her up she has stopped...I actually can't believe it myself! Can I also suggest some type of distraction, I bought Layla a cot music toy that projects an image on the ceiling and plays lullaby music. I put it on when I first put her down and she now associates it with bed time and automatically settles. She often doesn't go straight off to sleep but instead of now screaming and standing up etc she just happily babbles to herself until she drops off. Now she goes to sleep within about 10mins of going to bed :dance: Yes she does still wake occasionally in the night but instead of taking hrs to go back to sleep a quick "shhhhhh", a reassuring stroke and occasionally some lullaby music she goes straight back to sleep.

KJL said:
Sounds like you are doing a great job so far. We also had issues with Layla going through the night but the key is (we found) to be firm and consistent but fair. If she cries now I leave her for 10mins-15mins and then if she's still hysterical I go into her room and lay her back down, shhhhhh, and stroke her but I by no means pick her up, talk to her or interact with her...basically I don't give her any attention. Once she stops crying I leave the room and basically keep repeating this until she goes to sleep. At first it took up to an hour or even more but once she learnt that I wasn't going to pick her up she has stopped...I actually can't believe it myself! Can I also suggest some type of distraction, I bought Layla a cot music toy that projects an image on the ceiling and plays lullaby music. I put it on when I first put her down and she now associates it with bed time and automatically settles. She often doesn't go straight off to sleep but instead of now screaming and standing up etc she just happily babbles to herself until she drops off. Now she goes to sleep within about 10mins of going to bed :dance: Yes she does still wake occasionally in the night but instead of taking hrs to go back to sleep a quick "shhhhhh", a reassuring stroke and occasionally some lullaby music she goes straight back to sleep.

snap... except i put a lullaby cd on repeat so she associates it with bed time.
Nights are perfect it's just daytime naps take longer, about 20 minutes but i think it's because it is lighter.
good to see you anyway KJL, long time no see/speak! xxx

Ditto, ive done CC with both of my children and they sleep through now - well immy just as she was up at 12 asking for her bum to be changed and thats it. I pop the lightshow on and shes out like a light literally - it was a godsend when getting her to settle herself.

God i cant wait for another baby!

Red_Fairy said:
and if somone says 'it works if you do it right' EVER AGAIN to me... i will let them adopt Hananh and bloody try themselves

It works if you do it right!! ........ :rotfl: Now you have to let me adopt that gorgeous little girl of yours!! :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: Shes so cute!

OMG!!!! IM GOBSMACKED!!!

Alan just took him up to bed about 10 mins ago...and not a peep!! Not one little cry or nothing!!! He just lay down and shut his eyes!!!!!

I CANT BELIEVE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WAHOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
:cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer:

Jen & Her Men said:
OMG!!!! IM GOBSMACKED!!!

Alan just took him up to bed about 10 mins ago...and not a peep!! Not one little cry or nothing!!! He just lay down and shut his eyes!!!!!

:cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer:

awwwww wow hun thats great :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: so happy for you!!!

Jen & Her Men said:
OMG!!!! IM GOBSMACKED!!!

Result *high five*

:hug:

AND he slept til 8am this morning so nearly 12 hours straight through!!!!!!! :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer:

My little man rocks!!! :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:

Brilliant news Jen and just in time too!

Well done for persevering!!! :hug: :hug:

Yup! :)

Of a night he goes up to bed without so much as a whimper. Still having a bit of trouble getting him to settle in the day as i think he associates his cot with a big sleep so doesn't like being in there much in the day. Part of it is my fault as being preggers I tend to try and nap when James does so we tend to fall asleep together and he definitely loves his mummy cuddles!! Its fine most of the time but today I wanted to get loads of stuff done and couldnt because everytime I left him he woke up and started screaming for me...so its a hurdle I need to over come but for now Im just ecstatic that he sleeps through the night. :cheer:

Brilliant, well done James! :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer:

Hope youve cracked it and can get a bit of decent sleep before bubs arrives :hug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back