Desperate for a holiday

Funkylady

Reaction score
Hi people,

well Ive just reached 20 weeks and Im getting an overwhelming urge to go on holiday. My OH has agreed to try to arrange a lastminute deal for a week that we are off in June.

Has anyone actually travelled last minute before, either with travel agents, online agencies etc and can anyone recommend a good company or locations for us to visit.

Hoping for somewhere with a flight time under 4 hours, with a good bit of sunshine.

Any experiences would be read with great interest....

Please help, as this is hopefully our final fling (as it were) before our first little one is born.

xxxx

Last minute deals are fine, I would try and get something that is named rather than something that is allocated on arrival as you will want something that isn't in the middle of nowhere being pregnant and needing food at all hours of the day :) Just try and use a company that is regulated as some online companies are not, not many but there are still a few out there.

Very jealous!!

madam bully said:
Very jealous!!

Says she thats just back from New York!! hehe!!!

Its not a definate yet, as I dont particularly think that my OH feels the same as me, in that I HAVE to get away! It's like a craving for sunshine and relaxation away from home.

Think might go to local travel agents about a week before hand and see what they offer?

Hows the wee bundle this morning? still kicking away?

xx

Funkylady said:
madam bully said:
Very jealous!!

xx

Yeah but New York wasn't relaxing in anyway!! I still want sunshine (stamps feet and pouts)

Don't think LO has any room to move this morning, I have crammed myself into the only remaining pair of work trousers that fit and they don't really fit at all! Bless my poor baby!

madam bully said:
Funkylady said:
[quote="madam bully":4uy837ft]

Very jealous!!

xx

Yeah but New York wasn't relaxing in anyway!! I still want sunshine (stamps feet and pouts)

Don't think LO has any room to move this morning, I have crammed myself into the only remaining pair of work trousers that fit and they don't really fit at all! Bless my poor baby![/quote:4uy837ft]

I know exactly what you mean, I am reduced to wear yoga pants to work, I was wearing a size ten last week but the waist band dug in sooo much that the baby was kicking constantly. I am convinced it is bcos it hates being squashed.

So now i am in size 12 pants. I am normally a size 8!

Have you heard anything for your 20 week scan? I am 20 weeks today and still haven't heard a peep about my appointment, which I thought had to have 2 weeks notice??

xx

I think you'd get a good deal to the Canaries actually, June is before the schools kick out so prices will be lower - you might want to pop to see the GP first and get an "ok to fly" certificate just incase the airlines question the bump either going or coming back type thing. Precaution I suppose. We always manage to get a good deal to Tenerife (Los Christianos) it's a quieter part of the island but lots of restaurants, shops etc and a stones throw (few euros) in a taxi to Playa Americas which is the noisy bars, nightclubs type area....nice Greek resturant there though!! :) Log onto the Thompson website they have a dates you can go and destination box you can play around with, change locations, dates, price bands etc to find what's right for you. Happy hunting...were going no where till after the baby's arrived now, roll on our first FAMILY holiday in February!!

Iv just came back from a week in tenerife... and the weather was fab... it really done me the world of good! I always feel healthy with a tan!.. Im ready for my next one now..in 3 weeks to Ibiza!

Id definately go named accommodation..I always book last minute off the internet! I used to be a Travel Agent and recommend cutting out the middle man.

I'd recommend directholidays.co.uk or mytravel.co.uk.. go on the last minute tab once on the site.. they are usually quite cheap for last minute..and usually named..to check out the accommodation of peoples reviews..go on holidaysuncovered.com.. very handy website..I dont go anywhere without checking this out first!

Hope this helps..goodluck :wave:

clasper said:
Iv just came back from a week in tenerife... and the weather was fab... it really done me the world of good! I always feel healthy with a tan!.. Im ready for my next one now..in 3 weeks to Ibiza!

Id definately go named accommodation..I always book last minute off the internet! I used to be a Travel Agent and recommend cutting out the middle man.

I'd recommend directholidays.co.uk or mytravel.co.uk.. go on the last minute tab once on the site.. they are usually quite cheap for last minute..and usually named..to check out the accommodation of peoples reviews..go on holidaysuncovered.com.. very handy website..I dont go anywhere without checking this out first!

Hope this helps..goodluck :wave:

Thank you fellow Ibiza lover!! I am officially jealous of your 3 weeks in Ibiza!!

where did you get insurance from for being pregnant?

How last minute should we actually book? like a week before? or a few days? or what? .... sorry Im a bit of a dumbass!

xxx

dont think u allowed to travel from 27weeks onwards says in a pregnancy magazine. is only 3weeks away so you'll be ok :D

goodluck with that, make sure u tell mw also :)

we had booked to go to Zante on Sunday but last week Thomas Cook called and said that our accomodation was overbooked and we didn't like the look of where they wanted to send us so we got our money back and had to book something else, so we have booked at last minute deal with first choice via there web site to Tunisia. There are defo deals out there to be had.

Good Luck hun x

Just wanted to say good luck with booking your holiday :hug: I'm off to Skegness on 23rd June, I'm very jealous of all you ladies flying off abroad!! :D

tiggerstacy said:
we had booked to go to Zante on Sunday but last week Thomas Cook called and said that our accomodation was overbooked and we didn't like the look of where they wanted to send us so we got our money back and had to book something else, so we have booked at last minute deal with first choice via there web site to Tunisia. There are defo deals out there to be had.

Good Luck hun x

Excellent will bear that in mind, first choice do look quite good! Some good deals! Will get OH roped in to book something soon.

Can anyone recommend whens the best time to book last minute?
How long before?
xx

Book about a week ..to 2 weeks in advance.... Theres no time limit as such ..holiday prices change up and down all the time..every hour even.
When I book online..I check everyday ..more than once sometimes to get the best deal for me!

Im insured with primary insurance.. its only after about 27 or 32 weeks (I cant remember which ) you cant get insurance when pregnant!

But I do recommend you cut out the middle man which is the travel agent! Do it all online..its sooo much easier!

be prepared the pay a ticket on departure if u book in under 2 weeks b4 leaving , we got a brilliant deal for florida (567) but had to pay tickets charges . so i suggest booking 15 days b4 u go lol

as for destination , depends what ur in too !?? our next destination is egypt !

Avoid anywhere that does rubbish all inclusive buffet food that might give you food poisening!! Avoid dirty water!! And toilets in the greek destinations need a lot to be desired if your going to be peeing a lot!! :rotfl:

I'm going to the Algarve, Portugal in 4 weeks !! :cheer: My parents have paid for a luxury villa with own swimming pool and waterfall running down the garden.... oh what a spoilt brat I am!! LOL :rotfl:
The flight is only just under 3 hours, and the weather there is lovely - I can't wait!!

Piglet xx

pigletpoo said:
I'm going to the Algarve, Portugal in 4 weeks !! :cheer: My parents have paid for a luxury villa with own swimming pool and waterfall running down the garden.... oh what a spoilt brat I am!! LOL :rotfl:
The flight is only just under 3 hours, and the weather there is lovely - I can't wait!!

Piglet xx

oooh get you :lol: Do they need another daughter by any chance, I am always open to private villas and being spoilt :rotfl:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kayx94
Back