'you're looking really well'

gangofgin

Reaction score
why do people say this just because you're pregnant?
i look like shit, ive no make up on, im pastey, ive got spots and all ive done to my hair today is run the brush through it, and usually i wash and straighten it every day. im at my mums and her friends came round and the first thing they said was 'youre looking really well'
NO IM NOT, SHUT UP

gangofgin said:
why do people say this just because you're pregnant?
i look like sh*t, ive no make up on, im pastey, ive got spots and all ive done to my hair today is run the brush through it, and usually i wash and straighten it every day. im at my mums and her friends came round and the first thing they said was 'youre looking really well'
NO IM NOT, SHUT UP

Soooo true!!!! :rotfl:

people say that to me too and I'm sat in the pogish clothes ever :rotfl:

lol, someone said that to me last week too and I had the biggest spot on my chin I have ever had :rotfl:

People keep doing this to be after looking at my massive bump! I feel like they are saying you are HUGE, but without actually saying it!!!!

Also "Oooh you're blooming aren't you!"

What does this mean and how am I actually sposed to respond.."Oh thanks!"? Basically they actually mean

"OOhh you're huge aren't you!"

Or... When you see someone you know the first thing they do is look at your bump then your face. Then they say Oooh look at you :doh:

I feel like saying yes i am going to get a bump you know i'm pregnant.

LOL!!!! I got that today, i was wearing my baggiest clothes and looked a total mess, no contacts, no hair brushed, no make-up.
I felt like saying NO I DON'T I LOOK AWFUL DON'T LIE. Instead I smiled and said thanks.lol

Yeah I've had this too - normally when I am actually being sick :lol: My family are a bit odd

I think it's a way to say 'Oooh, haven't you gained weight!?' without actually saying it!

LOL, people have told me I'm looking well on days when I have felt like utter cr@p!

Seeing as most of our concepts of health and beauty are at some level related to fertility - it might just be that pregnant women are beautiful, just not always in the eyes of the pregnant woman herself!

I think knocking on a bit has helped me. I feel younger and at nearer 40 than 30 that's effing priceless!

I think people commenty because they genuinely like what they see, I think maybe (with the exception of those who are preggy), the bump and all that goes with it is something pleasing to see - it does seem to make people smile... :)

flowergirl said:
I think it's a way to say 'Oooh, haven't you gained weight!?' without actually saying it!

I'm the opposite - I've lost weight :lol:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back