Bit of advice needed

MrsG

Reaction score
well heres a strange one for you. I have woken up this morning and have about 15-20 red blotches/spots all over both of my cheeks and left eye lid. I was stunned when I looked in the mirror!.

My husband has had a look and there doesnt seem to be any others on any other part of my body.

They are not teenage spots, they look like something has had a right feast on my face during the night!. One side is a little sore and the blotches/spots do look swollen.

Ive just been to Zante for a week, came back sunday afternoon. I only got one mosquito bit on my hand whilst I was there. could it be that?

Can you develop allergies during pregnancy? my two sneeky cats had snook into our room in the night and where both asleep on our bed when I woke and I wonder if its them. we dont normally allow them into our room.

Do you think I should call my midwife about this???? or wait a day and see if they go down??? I dont feel ill at all, oh apart from I do have a bit of a diarrohea.

any thoughts please.

I know some women who's skin goes completley different while pregnant, blotchy, spotty, greasy, dry etc.
I would call your midwife to be safe, but don't be surprised if she just says it's normal.

let us know how you get on!

rang my midwife who said I should see my GP just to get it checked out. Managed to get an appointment with a Nurse this morning, she said it looks like an allergic reaction, and as it is only on my face theres nothing to worry about. I just need to go back if it spreads elsewhere.

Bizarre! as im not normally allergic to anything.

This is like what we were talking about in another thread about anti-persprents. It seems that when your pregnant your skin becomes a lot more sensitive, hence doing skin tests before dying your hair is important, and leg waxing is more painfull when pregnant. perhaps its worth trying a moisturiser for sensitive skin during your pregnancy, as it may well be the perfumes that are causing your skin to react this way.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back