Dentists

Josephine_Beth

Reaction score
The last few days my teeth have been killing me, aching and such but putting this down to the baby taking all the good things out of me. But my wisdom tooth is playing funny buggers at he moment and my gum is sore, I really feel this tooth should have been removed when I asked before I was pregnant. Could the dentist do anything or is it a case of put up and shut up until the baby is born?

You can have dental treatment while pregnant, in fact it's quite important due to the calcium/bones thing with LO needing the calcium for his/her growth too. You will qualify for free dental care now untill baby is a year old, you can have check-up's, fillings etc just no x-rays untill after LO is born. Dentists can prescribe pregnancy friendly antibiotics if they are needed for pain etc. Well worth booking in for a check over I'd say.

I had to have xrays during early and late pregnancy at the dentists, and if it is necessary to complete urgent work on your teeth, it is not considered dangerous, we are exposed to radiation daily, this link may help;

http://www.babycentre.co.uk/pregnancy/i ... regexpert/

Teeth and gums can become very vulnerable during pregnancy, trust me I know, more's the pity, so definitely brush twice a day, floss, and get lots of calcium in your diet :)

Ah you see, this is where Cyprus differs, unlike the free treatment, you have to pay for everything here.

Thank you for the advice, much appreciated. Does that mean I could have a local annest. and have a tooth pulled?

Doh, I forgot you were in Cyprus!! :doh:
Yes you can have an anasthetic and tooth extraction while pregnant!

Hi there :hug:

I went to the dentist 5 weeks ago and got a tooth removed. I wasn't in any pain but was told it could have caused a lot more problems. I also need a filling but the dentist doesn't want to do it until after the birth.

I think you should go to the dentist and take their advice. xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back