question - wisdom teeth

Dee1985

Reaction score
I CUT MY WISDOM TOOTH :dance:

really really been hutting i was in so much pain the other night didnt realise what it was but tonight i have cut through my wisdom tooth

i feel all grown up now 8)

few questions - if i have got 1 does it mean i will get the rest?
and do they have to be removed?
im a chicken i hate the dentist but it is pretty sore and my gum feels swollen

keslo66 said:
ouch. im dreading getting mine. dont they usually need removing?

i dont no :?

wonder if any one on here can tell me, not every one gets them, but mine has always swelled up every now and then, but its finaly come through.

i hate the dentist too :evil:

i havent needed mine removed. none of them hav come thru all the way, theyr like "steps down" from my other teeth if u kno what i mean

i have had 2 on each side top and bottom the last one is just pushing the last bit of skin so i have the swollen sore bit..

most ppl dont need them removing...

they do hurt tho, so i can sympathise :hug:

dionne its took over 4 years for me to cut my 2nd after my first ! and ive still got the first, they only take it out if you have problems with them , dh has has 3 removed and he hasnt had the fourth through and his 29 :shock: they dont seem to grow quickly either , may take 2 years for it to come through proper ( mine did ) but it didnt hurt all the time , my 2nd is going through a growing stage right now so im with you IT HURTS lmao

get some teething gel ! it does help with the soreness !

I have had both my bottom ones removed, alot of people do becuase they cause pain and dont always come thru properly, cause agrevation and pushing your teeth into different positions and having crooked teeth :)

I've got all mine through, took years to get there though. Last one which came through gave me a lot of grief as it sat half under the surface for ages (aprrox 1 year) and made my gum really sore, then when it finally emerged I had to have it filled as it was impossible to clean it under the flap of skin. I haven't had any problems with them at all other than that. Saying that my dentist did remove a couple of teeth here and there to make room for them coming through so maybe it's overcrowding that causes the problems with them. :?

Oh little tip from me, if your gum is sore, forget bonjela and anbesol, rub toothpaste into the gum - it works wonders! :D

I started getting my 1st one through when I was only about 16 which I thinks quite young. It took about 7 years before the 4th one came through. Mine have been fine apart from one I had to have removed a couple of years ago cos the roots were all twisted.

ive only had 1 at the top, it had problems trying to cut thru so dentist said it needed to come out. it was horrible havin it out was bleeding for days :(

dionne said:
if i have got 1 does it mean i will get the rest?

Not necessarily. I personally dont have any wisdom teeth and never will have - had my jaw x-rayed a few years ago and there was nothing there at all (you can see them in the jaw years before they come through)

However, my sister started getting hers last year (aged 20) at the top but the bottoms never came. When she had her x-ray, she didnt have any bottom ones either.

Our dentist says its an evolutionary thing. One day, humans will never have them so if you dont have them now, it means you are genetically advanced! :rotfl:

Hope it works out OK for you though - many people dont have any trouble with theirs so fingers crossed xx

I started to get mine through a few years ago, I have all 4 but they aren't fully grown, they're just half out.
Both of my parents have never had any wisdom teeth so its completely different for each person. You may get 1 or 4 or you may get none!

One thing I will advise, which my dentist told me after I was crying with pain. If they start to hurt try rubbing some Orajel into the gum, just a tiny bit and it works like an anaesthetic and completely numbs your gum around the area for a few minutes, enough to take the edge of it and help you sleep etc

http://www.expresschemist.co.uk/product ... -5-3g.html

Cx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back