Dentist or doctor for me?

pacha

Reaction score
So I have had a really sore throat last couple of days, like swallowing glass. Now today my jaw is really sore, glands are swollen and my gum at the back where my wisdom tooth would be (hasnt came in yet) is bright red, really swollen/puffy.

I dont know if perhaps this is the start of my wisdom tooth coming in or an infection or something, I have never had tooth ache or anything before.

Is this a job for the doctor or dentist?..Dont think the dentist could actually due anything because Im pregnant, could they?

Many Thank x

Sounds like a dental infection to me. I would see your dentist. There might be something they can do even tho' you're pregnant. Plus it's free, so why not?!

Personally I would see a doctor given that you have a sore throat and swollen glands - the pain in your gums might just be radiating from that, rather that being the cause of the problem.

If you do require dental work though, might as well get it done while you're pregnant and it's all free! According to this article, most dental work is perfectly safe during the second tri, and actively encouraged as pregnancy can cause dental problems -

http://www.pregnancy.org/article/pregnancy-and-dental-work

i reckon you shud go he doctor hun, it sounds like what i had the other week.
sore throat, cudnt swallow, my back teeth were swallon n really tender to chew on anything, i was living off ice poles for a few days.
i didnt bother going to the docs tho, i just had plenty of strepsils, but it cud be more thn tht n b an infection :)

get urself to the doctors girl :)

xx

See your doctor first.. because at least your doc can refer you to the right person. You might feel like you are wasting dentists time by going to an appt and beign referred to your doc.

I would definately go to docs first and explain that you wasn't sure what to do.. at least your doc can advise you on the sore throat aswell.

Sorry you're not feeling too great at the moment, hope you get it sorted hun :hug:

Thanks ladies :)

Think perhaps it may be a coincidence and I have caught a cold at the same time as my wisdom tooth has started coming through as I have other symptoms of the cold..

Know that way when your legs all tingle and feel like jelly?..well they're like that and I have been zapped of all energy - cant wait to get home and into bed.

Just tried to eat a sandwich for lunch and it was so akward..damn jaw/tooth xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back