Delivery Options for 2nd child after 1st baby's emergency c-section

austielle

Reaction score
I had to have an emergency c-section when my daughter was born in october 2011.

My fiance and I would like to have another baby in the future and were wandering about how he/she would be delivered. Would it automatically mean another c-section or would I be able to deliver vaginally?

if anyone could help me out so i can make a more informed descision that would be great x

Hiya.

My first child was born by emergency c section and I went on to have 2 more children both the same way. It was decided that I should continue having c section deliveries as after tests my pelvis was found to be to small and in the long run it was a far safer option (My maternal Grandmother died during childbirth because of the same issue and my Mom had to have 2 c sections) so Im guessing family history had a big part to play as well.

Your very best bet is to see your Doctor, he can then tell you the reasons that your first baby was born by c section. If it was nothing to do with you and more to do with that particular pregnancy then Im sure you could go on to have a succesful vaginal delivery as I have known many people who have delivered naturally after a c section.

If you state you really really want to opt for a vaginal delivery I am also sure that you will be helped with your choice by the professionals unless of course it is a danger for you or the little one.

However if you do have to have another c section then don't let it worry you at all. As long as you and your baby are safe that really is all that counts.

Oh and big congratulations on your second baby! xx

Last edited:
thanks for the advice. some useful info you've given me. and i hate to burst ur bubble a little but i'm not pregnant "just yet" merely weighing up my options Before we go ahead with another but thanks anyway :D

thanks for the advice. some useful info you've given me. and i hate to burst ur bubble a little but i'm not pregnant "just yet" merely weighing up my options Before we go ahead with another but thanks anyway :D

Oooh maybe you are and I am actually Mystic Meg! lol

Oh well at least I can say I was the first one to congratulate you pre-pregnancy! hehe xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rania89
Back