• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

deleted because of the bunny boiler

The Protection from Harassment Act 1997

The spirit of the Act is to deal with unsocial conduct occurring on at least two occasions in which a person is subjected to persistent and often obsessive behaviour causing harassment, alarm or distress outside existing civil and criminal law.

The two occasions do not need to be the same incident, for example one can be a phone call, the other being followed. However they do need to be reasonably close together in time.

A police warning might be enough to stop it, but the power is there for the police to arrest if necessary.

The power of the Protection from Harassment Act reaches into the civil law as well as the criminal law.

If you don't want to take action through the police, you can go to a solicitor and obtain an injunction through the civil courts, although this will cost.

A breach of restraining order or injunction obtained either through the criminal or civil courts is an arrestable offence and is liable for up to five years imprisonment.

Definitely go back to the police

i agree with urchin!

would opening accounts in his name without his permission be counted as fraud?

:hug: :hug: :hug:

Definitely go back to the police and speak to someone else!!
I was harrassed by my OH's ex and one time she called the police on HIM saying he kicked her lol, the police knew she was full of crap and advised me to keep all texts and log all calls etc! Take it to the police station then either they will go and speak to her, or if she makes anymore complaints, they will know its her who is causing the problems!
But after that she stopped! It was either the police speaking to her (I dont know if they did this) or the fact that I told her I was going to call and see her! (she didnt like the thought of that haha all mouth!!)

Go to another officer to talk to him/her about this. This is truly harrassment and I wouldn't let it go on any longer. You've been doing all you can, but that first officer isn't much help. It seems she's siding with your OH's ex (perhaps she herself was a woman scorned?).

I'd ask to see a different officer- maybe a guy? You have kids in the house and that amount of stress isn't good for any of you, I think it's outrageous that she's taking out cards in your name, surely that is fraud?

Good luck with it
+++

Go back to the police! that is terrible what shes doing stupid psycho cow!

If someone contacts you more than 3 times when you have asked them not to (or it might be 5 now, or was it 5 and changed to 3 lol well not alot anyway) it is classed as harrassement and the police can investigate so I would report her to the police now TBH!

oh great at least she wont be bugging you now, unless she really is stupid.

glad to hear ur getting there i really hope u can get on with ur lives now with out her doing anything more good luck

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clark Gracen
Back