Delayed cord clamping

Countrylife

Reaction score
Just wondering if anyone had heard or done delayed cord clapping with any of their babies when born? A friend of mine asked me if its something I'll get done and sent me the attached pic. I'd never heard of it before..

FB_IMG_1574280308036.jpg

Just wondering if anyone had heard or done delayed cord clapping with any of their babies when born? A friend of mine asked me if its something I'll get done and sent me the attached pic. I'd never heard of it before..

View attachment 89099

Hi, I had delayed cord clamping with mine and it was in my birth plan. I figured that there was no harm in doing so, and the midwives said that it was fine to do :)

I’m wanting a planned c section and hoping to have delayed cord clamping as I’ve researched it and it looks beneficial. Glad to know it happened for you @pupperino and went smoothly x

You should definitely do it if you can. It's much better for the baby. It's actually standard practice here in Australia if theres no reason baby needs the cord cut immediately (like to be taken away for resuss etc.). It's quite cool having bub lay on your chest for their last few minutes of being literally attached to you :)

Yeah I would defo request it again next time. Did it with my daughter and she is hardly ever I’ll and she was formula fed. My son who is breastfed so meant to have antibodies from that too is soo sickly. His cord was cut straight away as he wasn’t breathing when came out . Xx

Thanks all, definitely something I'm trying to research about. I'm having twins so I dont know if that changes anything with having cords cut etc but I hope not as it seems like something really beneficial for babies

I did delayed cord clamping with all of my babies - that is just the typical practice here at this point, they don't clamp the cord until it's stopped pulsing. Fortunately I didn't have to push hard to have it done since it's just the norm here now. Not in all of the US, but where I live it is.

I don’t understand why it’s not standard everywhere because I’ve seen no negatives about it and only positives

Yes I think it will become standard practice everywhere before long. When I had my oldest 8 years ago it was a "thing" to ask for, now it's just a given that they wait until the cord stops pulsing.

I don’t understand why it’s not standard everywhere because I’ve seen no negatives about it and only positives

unfortunately for us or fortunately we couldn’t have delayed cord clamping but as the boys blood was so riddled with jaundice (Theo was under the lights at an hour old) delayed cord clamping would have been the worst thing for them x

Yes I think it will become standard practice everywhere before long. When I had my oldest 8 years ago it was a "thing" to ask for, now it's just a given that they wait until the cord stops pulsing.
I feel like we are way behind then in the UK as most people I’ve spoken to haven’t heard of it and like it’s the ‘thing’ to ask for if you know about it that is!

With my DD, the cord was so tight around her neck the gynaecologist cut it even before she was completely out since she couldn't breathe. I think that if I had the opportunity, I would have asked for it.x

Oh Kitana how scary!! yes of course there will always be cases where it's not possible. So glad your little lady is ok!

SJF yes i wonder what the story is there - all the newest/latest research should be common knowledge everywhere!

Oh Kitana how scary!! yes of course there will always be cases where it's not possible. So glad your little lady is ok!

SJF yes i wonder what the story is there - all the newest/latest research should be common knowledge everywhere!
I know it completely baffles me. I’ve mentioned it to a few people and my hubby said he doesn’t understand why it’s not standard if it’s beneficial and I said I agree!

Aw Kitana. It must have been scary but getting that cord off her ASAP was definitely a priority. Hopefully this time you get the option x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back