December 2016 mums

Yes she will need surgery again it could possibly be sooner than later now as she is becoming malnourished,m we had hoped things were looking up too but we've just come across more problems, she's been so good though! There's a little boy in here who's breaking my heart he is 1, his parents come for 10 mins a day, they didn't even turn up at all on his birthday and when they rang last night to ask them to come as he was unwell they didn't show its so sad he keeps crying I just want to pick him up and give him a wee cuddle

Oh mummy I'm so sorry to see your still going through all this with Niamh. I hope your sweet little girl gets well soon and can go home with you sooner rather than later.

Big hugs xxx

Poor boy thats heartbreaking.

I hope if she gets the surgery sooner it helps. Our boy has been very slow gaining weight due to digestive issues and allergies and isn't back to his birth weight yet. That has been stressful enough. Can't imagine what you are feeling. This has been our 3rd baby with problems gaining weight and if its any comfort one thing I have learned is that lack of weight in itself takes a long time to do harm. DD went from the 95th percentile to below the 3rd. At first we were scared by people saying it would effect her devlopement and cause brain damage etc but she was otherwise healthy and far ahead on most mile stones. Once things got better she caught up quickly and is big for her age now. Obviously its different in your case as Niamh is so poorly so its not just the weight you are worried about.

Last edited:
Well finally some good news, she's gained 3ounces!! Woohoo! Still a way to go but it's a good start and she seems to be tolerating the milk well so far thank you all for asking about her the hospital can be quite lonely and isolating at times so the encouragement has really helped! Also I live seeing your baby pics and gearing all about them jeep them coming X

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    20.2 KB · Views: 25
Aww look at her! So cute :) Lovely to see her smiling face. That's so sad about the little boy in the hospital. Poor little guy. Xx

She is beautiful mummy xx

Sent from my Hudl 2 using Tapatalk

Sorry Gravid I didn't congratulate you. Well done and she is gorgeous.

So glad to hear things are on the up mummy, she's beautiful.

My little boy is 9weeks tomorrow, where has the time gone!

Xxxx

How is you little girl doing mummy?

How are all the other mums and babies?

Mummy I am so sorry about Niamh! I really hope she's on the mend! I wish you all the best of luck.

Sorry I've not been around. I keep forgetting to check the forum.

How's everyone doing? Xx

She's still in hospital in our 9 th week now, still good and bad days, have missed out on so many milestones but got some lovely smiles

9 weeks is so long. I can't imagine how hard it is. I hope it isn't too much longer now. How is Ryan coping with it all?

Ryan's not too bad clingy at times but a great wee boy. We're going to be in hospital a long while so just getting ourselves settled in for the long haul

Can't believe baby is still in hospital mummy. Such a long time for you to wait :( at least she's getting better though. It will make it all the more special when u do get her home :)
We are just getting ready to leave for our 8 week check (at 9 weeks lol) plus first set of jabs :/
Calpol at the ready!!

Sent from my Hudl 2 using Tapatalk

Niamh was actually very good with her vaccinations probably so fed up with needles by now. She had surgery yesterday and had her stoma reversed she's in a lot of pain but considering she's had major surgery again I think she's doing pretty well.hopefully onwards and upwards from here and maybe a step closer to home x hope you are all doing well with your little babies xx

Our little boy is doing well except for the very slow weight gain. Just when I thought he was doing a little better with that he caught a cold and actually lost weight. He is growing up fast though and already loosing that newborn look. He gets fits of really
loud giggles when you make funny noises for him which is super cute.

Last edited:
Good news Niamh has just been discharged from hospital after 3 very long months

Attachments

• IMG_1168.jpg
    IMG_1168.jpg
    526.5 KB · Views: 20
So happy for you mummy! It must have been so hard for you all.
She's gorgeous :)

My little girl is not so little any more. 13 weeks.. already filling out 3-6 months, 14lbs, and 65cm long :eek:

0fd5712c907df6326e81348a94c9df26.jpg

Just found you all!! Congratulations Mummy!! How wonderful to bring your baby home!! Aww sib she is cute!! My little girl is only 11lb 13oz when I had her weighed at 12 weeks!! She's 13 weeks tomorrow!! How are all your babies sleeping? I love my lg soooo much xx

Awww wow congrats mummy I'm so glad that your little girl is finally out of hospital, how is she now? Such a strong little girl. My little boy is 14week old tomorrow and also fills out his 3-6 month clothes he's massive but such a good baby, he sleeps through from around 7/7.30 at night till 6/6.30 in a morning :)
How's everyone else's little ones doing?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back