December 2016 mums

Oh mummywanabe, Ive just come across this thread and my heart goes out to you all. I know we've never spoken but you are all in my thoughts and prayers and I will light a candle at church to wish little Niamh goes from strength to strength.xx

That sounds like a great sign that she opened her eyes! I'm sure it's really hard seeing her a bit more alert and unable to pick her up though. Are you able to touch her at all? My MIL was quite ill when OH was a baby and unable to pick him up. The doctor showed her how to brushher fingers gently back and forth in the area between his eyebrows. Apparently it worked really well to comfort him without picking him up.

Last edited:
Oh no I'm so sorry mummy you are going through this with your beautiful girl.
You will be in my thoughts honey.

Big hugs xxx

Any update on Niamh mummy? Thinking of you. Hoping she is getting stronger.

She was taken off the ventilator last night and is breathing on her own now, I got to hold her for a couple of minutes today which was amazing, a little awkward due to all the wires, she will need more surgery in the future but for now it's a good start, our house is so empty without her, we miss her so much

She was taken off the ventilator last night and is breathing on her own now, I got to hold her for a couple of minutes today which was amazing, a little awkward due to all the wires, she will need more surgery in the future but for now it's a good start, our house is so empty without her, we miss her so much

I keep coming on to check for updates! This sounds like way better news. Thinking of you!!

Was just nosying this thread out of boredom, but must say, thinking of little Niamh, mummywanabe - hope she recovers well and is back home with you soon. Can't imagine what you're going through - all the best x

Thank you everyone, nobody ever expects to be here and I hope none of you ever are in this position, we've only had her 6 weeks now but our home feels so empty without her, I don't think you ever realise just how much you love your children until they're almost taken from you, kiss you little babies and hug them a little longer and take all the photos you can you just never know how long it could be until you get the next one xx will keep you updated

Our little warrior princess x

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    34.1 KB · Views: 20
Awww she's such a little fighter bless her, so pleased you got to hold her and she's off of ventilator, she's a gorgeous little baby. Hope your doing ok aswell mummy sending Niamh get well wishes xx

So glad there is good news Mummy. I know the worry is not over yet. I hope its not too long before you get to take her home.

Aah I've just seen this thread after checking our tri3 one numerous times for news of Niamh. So glad to see she's off a ventilator and with her eyes open, it all must have been (and still be) so terrifying for you all. What and little trooper she is. I hope she continues to show them all how strong and brave she is. She's so gorgeous. My first was in neonatal for 5 days when he was born then 10 days on a childrens ward and that was terrifying enough, I can't imagine how you feel. Zachary was taken off to neonatal for tests on the day he was born due to breathing issues and it was like history repeating itself, he was gone about 5 hours and I was terrified it was all happening all over again but thankfully not, I was more ill than he was.

Hey ladies,
Been very busy with my 2 beautiful girls so I hadn't been on in a while.. oops!

Mummy I am so sorry about your little one. I'm glad she's on the mend. I wish you all the best of luck and I hope she gets better soon.

I hope all everyone else is okay :)

My little girl is a month old already.. I can't believe it!
Still EBF. Going really well and Keira is gaining weight like there's no tomorrow!

Got two really good little girls. However Keira is very clingy lol

Xx

Hey SIB I'm good thanks how are you doing?
Logan is 5weeks tomorrow can't believe how fast it's gone.
Had to change his milk to anti reflux as with first milk he was been sick after every bottle now he's not been sick at all thank goodness. Logan as started to get clingy too yesterday a couldn't put him down without him crying to be picked up bless them. Wondering wen babies start to smile proper Logan tries but ain't done a smile yet xj

We're still in PICU but she will hopefully transfer to a ward in the next few days, to say it has been a traumatic experience has been an understatement and feel like I could really do with some counselling now, her stoma is working well and they plan to reverse it some time around Easter. The problem we're having now is she won't take a bottle were not sure if she's forgotten how to suck on the teet or having difficulty swallowing after the ventilator but will keep trying to see if she picks it up, until then they will keep on feeding her through the tube in her nose.

Hope you are all doing well and enjoying your first few weeks with new babies xxx

So glad things are improving. I can only imagine how traumatic it's been for you. I'm sure it's going to take a while for her to really recover and even longer for you to recover emotionally but things are moving the right direction at least. Hugs

Hi ladies. Finally found you!
So pleased to hear Niamh is doing better.

Eliza has gone from 6lbs11.5 to 8lbs2!
She seems huge to me now lol. Can't believe how fast she's grown in just 4 weeks!
We are still struggling to get into a routine with the night feeds. Hubby is useless on less sleep and I struggle to wake up through the night. Still, we're gonna keep working on it :)

1 week old
3ad1bdc6966733186fb4d2321b29b6d5.jpg

4 weeks old
2100015a49eb698e0ddcb377f5577ef4.jpg

Sent from my Hudl 2 using Tapatalk

Aw so cute! Our little man was 10lbs 5oz at birth but then lost a pile in the first 4 days and has been slow gaining so at this rate Eliza will overtake him!

Last edited:
Niamh's condition has deteriorated a little again her stomach won't pass the food along to her intestines and keeps vomiting it all back up she's lost a lot of weight she's now below her birth weight and is very thin, we've been in hospital 5 weeks now but not giving up hope we will get her home soon, hope you are all enjoying newborn baby cuddles

So sorry to hear this. I was hoping that once things had improved it would just keep getting better. Will she need surgery again? Thinking of ypu all. Hugs

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back