December 2016 mums

mummywanabe

Reaction score
As requested here's a thread to keep in touch, to laugh, to cry or just have a rant and share our experiences

Wheyyyy Dec mummies finally found the forum.
How are all mummies and babies? X

Hello ladies.
I'm currently sat pumping nothing seems to want to come out my left tit!

I'm having a little trouble establishing this whole bf lark. After agony, scabby nipples, nipple shields, expressing and giving a bit of formula to get a little rest I went exclusive again about 3 days ago. I've midwives out to see me loads as I need the support with feeding. Babies weight went down 4% first visit, nothing worrying in that. The next 2 visits his weight did start increasing (but still didn't reach his birth weight). However I was topping him up with formula around that time. Then on Friday his weight had dropped by 6% of his total birth weight. They are now telling me to start topping him up with formula again! Something I really don't want to do! I feel like haven't gone through all this pain and suffering just to give him sodding formula! So now I'm pumping after every feed to top him up and it means feeding is what I'm doing 24/7!

Moan over, my little man is a dream just wish I had more time for my other son but we'll get there in the end.

How are you all?

Xxx

Hey tonks,
Hats off to you with the breast feeding I don't no how people do it tbh, my boobs are killing and I'm not breast feeding only bottle feeding. When things are in more of a routines they'll be time.
I'm doing good thanks for the moon with my little boy couldn't of wished for a mor perfecter.baby if a tried.
My recovery seems a lot slower than my other c sections not sure why the pain this time around is a lot worse.x

Hey tonks when was he born I haven't updated the other page, I've never BF I just knew mentally I wouldn't cope with being the only one feeding with exhaustion but if I'd known Niamh would be as relaxed I may have tried it, her weight dropped from 8lb 3 to 7lb10 but she had a lot of mucus and couldn't feed, she's on carobel for reflux and infacol for trapped wind

Hi girls I'm in the January thread however my twinnies Henry & Arthur decided to make an appearance on the 9th December at 35+4
X

Technically I'm a November mum now as she came early but just gonna stick with the Dec crowd

Mummy I had him 6th Dec and we called him Cain.
I figured my husband didn't do much feeding with my first so it made no difference but actually it has been a lot more intense than expected. I've really surprised myself sticking at it. One thing that's a bonus is not winding after feeds but I guess the pain makes up for that lol.

Poor Niamh I dreaded my baby having that too but he's very settled so far. Is it hard to settle her with the reflux and wind?

Ikkle are you feeling like a weight had been lifted off your shoulders now section is done? Now my son is here and he is healthy and gorgeous I feel annoyed I let my anxiousness rule over me the entire pregnancy!
Maybe if they had given you some better painkillers in hospital you would have started recovering quicker but could just be as you've had a few sections. Also how long did they leave you in bed after the op? A midwife told me you should be up after 6 hours otherwise it hinders recovery. My pain has been a lot less but I asked for additional pain relief and was given diamorphine in between paracetamol, ibrupofen and dihydrocodeine so think I managed it a lot better than the first time.

Congrats FBT how much did the boys weigh? Are you home yet?

Xxx

Thank you boys weighed 5lb 3oz & 4lb 15oz, we came home on Tuesday :) the

Hey tonks yeah a feel like a massive weight as been lift off of my shoulders now my little Logan is here.
I do feel stupid that the anxiety overruled most of my pregnancy and a barely enjoyed the majority of it, even the section in theatre panicking once a saw baby and that e was healthy a panicked for them to just get me out of there. I was in 2hours tho so a suppose that is a lot longer than my previous ones.
I had him at 4.41 Tuesday afternoon and was out of bed 6am wed morning apparently procedure for my local hospital is 12hour after section can be up, there were worried about my blood pressure been low st one point so st first would only let me get up to the chair or sit on edge of my bed. The pain relief were ridiculous tbh my midwifes said shouldnof been offered more. Logan ad lost weight on day 3 -then he lost abit more day 5? But he's feeding well 4oz bottles every 3 hours midwife asked if a could increase him to 5but e won't drink anymore than 4? Seems a lot she's expecting him to drink he's only 6days old. I'm hoping he's gained a little weight wen she comes tomorrow don't no ewhwt to do if he hasn't kinda makes me worry. He's gone from 9.4 birth weight to 8.8 now. X

Thought I should get around to joining this thread. Our boy was born on Saturday weighing 10lb 4oz. He is perfect :). I had a slow work up to labour with mild contractions all night and day but once it decided to get going it was fast which was quite different from my other labours. Once it got intense it only lasted about 4 hrs and I went from 5cm to birth in about 45mins!

How is your boys weight doing iklemoi? Our boy has lost a lot too but my other two were the same so I kind of expected it. As Long as he looks well and is feeding well try not to worry about it. I'm sure he will catch up soon.

Last edited:
Hi guys I just wanted to let you know Niamh is in hospital since Boxing Day, she's currently in intensive care unit, and the doctors are telling us she's very ill, I won't go into too much detail but basically she somehow got an infection which has inflamed her bowel and made her tummy swell which has put pressure on her wee heart and lungs. We both feel totally shocked and helpless and are terrified were going to lose our much loved baby girl she's in a lot of pain so is on high doses of morphine and has needed blood transfusion too. We are sick to our stomachs with stress please pray for us I f you're the praying kind or keep her in your thoughts and hope she pulls through this

Mummy- I answered in the 3rd tri thread already but thought I'd say again that I'm thinking of you and Niamh. I hope she pulls through this.

Just a wee update for you guys, Niamh was put on a ventilator last night, so it's breathing for her because her body was getting tired she's on a lot of morphine for pain right now which they think caused her to stop breathing a few times

Omg mummy :( keep thinking of you and Niamh hoping she gets better bless her.
Hopefully giving her body a rest will help with her recovering better.
Can't imagine how your feeling Hun big hugs to you xx

We feel pretty helpless out poor little girl has been through a lot and is still fighting, we miss our wee family life so much, we've been told now she will need surgery we just don't know when,

We feel pretty helpless out poor little girl has been through a lot and is still fighting, we miss our wee family life so much, we've been told now she will need surgery we just don't know when,

mummywanabe so sorry to read this. Clicked on the thread by mistake then saw it!! Thinking of you and your family. Hope Ryan is coping too!! ❤

We are trying to hold it together she got pretty ill yesterday so they took for emergency surgery the next few weeks will be testing

Hi ladies just came in here to see how the beautiful December babies are doing. Mummy I'm so sorry to hear Niamh is so poorly I'm thinking of you all and sending love. I can't imagine how hard it is for you hoping she gets better soon xxx

She opened her eyes last night for the first time since New Year's Eve! She's awake but still intubated and on ventilator, it kills me when she cries no sound comes out and I can't lift her to comfort her just wish I could back to Christmas Day. I haven't held her for more than 5 minutes since then really starting to feel it now

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back