Death Penalty?

I say no,on the grounds that although i would love to see people like ian Huntley dead,I do not believe that it is feasible for a nation to call itself democratic and caring if it has the death penalty. Look at the countries which do. it's a primitive form of punishment.

zebrastripes said:
I say no,on the grounds that although i would love to see people like ian Huntley dead,I do not believe that it is feasible for a nation to call itself democratic and caring if it has the death penalty. Look at the countries which do. it's a primitive form of punishment.
like the United States for example? :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

laetitia85 said:
Becs said:
lou said:
laetitia85 said:
No waaaaay!!! :talkhand:
I'm very against the death penalty. You cannot teach someone not to kill by killing them yourself. i follow the commandment 'thou shall not kill' :) but i'd like to see tougher prison conditions for murderers.

What about an 'eye for an eye' then? :think:

Although that is in the bible the person who said it was the King of Babylon.

Jesus says, “Ye have heard that it hath been said, An eye for an eye, and a tooth for a tooth.
But I say unto you, That ye resist not evil; but whosoever shall smite thee on
thy right cheek, turn to him the other also.”

yes, amen to that!
and i think that's far better :dance:

Is that where the saying 'turn the other cheek' comes from?

Squiglet said:
zebrastripes said:

I would say especially the USA, look how it is handed out unfairly and used against people who are mentaly ill.The US has one of the worst human rights records going.

i dont know i am really undecided
i think for me it depends on the crime and if it can be proved

the fact that ian huntley has attampted suicide more than once... and fred west killed himself didnt he? dont y'all see that the death penalty is like giving them what they want? death is an escape- they should be givien a shitty life in prison instead with no means of escape

Squiglet said:
zebrastripes said:

Yep. It's about as democratic as my big toe. :rotfl:

beanie said:
Squiglet said:
zebrastripes said:

I would say especially the USA, look how it is handed out unfairly and used against people who are mentaly ill.The US has one of the worst human rights records going.

I agree 100%.... if you ever get a chance watch a program called Taxi to the dark side... its a documentary based on prisoner treatment in Afganistan/Iraq and Guantanamo Bay... where basically the US government advocates torture :shock: and makes its own interpretation of the Geneva convention... its quite shocking. :shock: Sorry to digress though..

i was watching a documentry on the discovery channel about the worlds most dangerous convicts, and they were being interviewed and some of them had been in and out of prison there whole life. They said this was because it was easier , they get a roof over ther head, fed , a nice dry bed......... which is more than what some poor people have to go without.
i dont necessary believe in the death penalty but i think there should be harsher (sp) punishments.
but.............i do think death penalty shold be considered about crimes against children ( sexual abuse or any abuse) this is one thing that makes me so angry almost to tears my heart feels so heavy for these poor families.
just my opinion though ladies :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
candigrams
Back