Day time Naps

Shaz

Reaction score
Me - AGAIN!!!

Connor is still sleeping most of the day - wakes up, coos and "plays" for about 20 mins then screams for food, then off for another sleep for about 2 hours, then the same again.

At night he sleeps for 2-3 hours between feeding too so the pattern doesn't really change.

He's only just coming up to four weeks - is he napping too much? He seems so young to try to keep awake during the day so he sleeps at night. And frankly at 4 weeks old his attention span if you do try to "entertain" him is pretty short!!

Should I just let him sleep when hes tired, feed on demand and go with the flow?

i forgot, was he early, ella was prem, and slept alot! Some babies are sleepier than others

If he sleeping then he probably needs that much sleep, he'll be more wakeful the older he gets. It sounds like he is already differentiating between day and night and that's fab at such a young age.

I think you are both doing great, Connor knows exactly how much sleep and food he needs. It's tiring for you but he will go for longer really soon and once that starts almost daily you'll find the night stretches getting longer :)

Its tiring for you i know hun but as long as Connor is waking for feeds during the day then he is getting what he needs.

:hug: He will have longer sleeps during the night soon!

It goes so quickly, i remember when i was worrying about that. What i did find is that it's impossible to wake a sleeping baby (i don't really think you should anyway.) All i'm saying is it really does get easier i think babies find their own way with a little guidance from us parents.

p.s My little boy was a nightmare going off for his nap this afternoon, he couldn't stop crying coz he only had an hour and it was obvious he was still tired after a feed. Now he won't wake up, typical!! I think it happens to everyone!!!!!

Our son was exactly the same. It sounds pretty normal to me. He started going longer between his night time feeds from about 3/3.5 months and then started sleeping through at about 4 months.

Every baby is different though so it doesn't matter what other babies do, it has no bearing on what your baby will do.

I think you should take the lead from your LO and go with the flow. He will gradually spend more time awake during the day.

Isaac seemed to sleep most of the time for at least the first 2 months. He's always been a great one for his naps too.

He's 9 months old tomorrow and has only just dropped one of his naps and so has a morning and afternoon nap now.

Sleep is so important for babies, I always take the attitude that they must need it if they want to sleep.

Count your blessings while he is like this, it's normal but it won't last!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back