• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Day Nurse worry

Salad

Reaction score
Hi everyone

I am in a bit of a panic, because I took some Day Nurse a couple of days ago in the middle of a cold, and only read the 'do not take if pregant' bit today. After being so careful about everything since day 1, I can't believe I didn't read the packet properly...

Has anyone else done anything like this? Is anyone in the position of being able to tell me not to worry toooo much?

Thanks...

Salad

I took quite a few Lemsips when carrying Jack as i got a terrible cold

It was only when chemist told OH that we realised
I mentioned it to MW and she told me not to worry too much and these warnings are mainly just a precaution

I didn't tkae any after i realised though

I wouldn't worry too much hun if it was only 1 dose or so

Just think how many people get bladdered and smoke before they realise they are expecting?

I was out the weekend before my BFP and was drunk as anything
and everything was fine

Thanks so much. That helps a lot.

I think it'll be hot lemon and honey from now on.

mmm Hot lemon and honey

Really only allowed to take parectemol so make sure you are stocked up hun

yeh mate you will be fine, they only say not to cause basically they just dont know and if some one was to have a baby with something wrong with it they could in effect sue that products company blaming it. They cant test these things as what woman carrying a baby in her right mind would put herself up to testing ''just to see'' if the baby came out ok or not, no one lol

Thanks to both of you for your words of wisdom.
(I'll be stocking up on paracetamol.)

Salad said:

I buy 2 packets every week at Asda as they only let you buy 2 at a time lol :shakehead:

i agree that you will be fine salad, but I am like you, I have something then think - ooh maybe I shouldn't have had that!!!

Isn't it stupid oyu can only buy two packets of parecetemol, don't they realise that if you were going to take an overdose you wouldn't think twice about visiting different shops to get your pills!! If you are gonna do you are gonna do it!!!

missac said:
Isn't it stupid oyu can only buy two packets of parecetemol, don't they realise that if you were going to take an overdose you wouldn't think twice about visiting different shops to get your pills!! If you are gonna do you are gonna do it!!!

Yeh exactly or just go back every day for a week! besides you can buy 6 packets of ibuprofen the dopes :rotfl:

jennywren said:
Salad said:

I buy 2 packets every week at Asda as they only let you buy 2 at a time lol :shakehead:

Same at Morrisons, i asked the lady at the till if it was because someone tried to top themselves after they'd got their bill !

oldermum said:
jennywren said:
Salad said:

Same at Morrisons, i asked the lady at the till if it was because someone tried to top themselves after they'd got their bill !
:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

You guys are all amazing! Cheered me up no end.

I'd never come across the 2-packet-of-paracetamol rule before. You're so right, it is a bit silly!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AnastasiaKh
Back