Protein

Sully2012

Reaction score
Hi all, I have just been told that I have +2 protein in my urine, has anyone else had this? The nurse just told me and then said to speak to midwife if I want to so a lil angry with her silly attitude. Sorry probably worrying but also read it can mean pre-eclampsia but at 19 weeks thought this might be a bit early x

Its more a marker for a uti from what I know. Let your mw know and she'll do whats best for you xxxxxxxxxxxxx

this got picked up with me on Tuesday - I've to call next week for the results of more tests. I'm pretty prone to cystitis so am hoping it's that and that alone! x

Well don't frighten the life out of yourself with google. Talk to your mw hunny and hope you are ok xxxxxxxxxxx

I'm sure it's to do with kidney function , and uti xx

I was told by a midwife the other day that she had never heard of anyone starting with pre-eclampsia before 20 weeks. Try not to panic to much if you had pre-eclampsia you would have alot of other issues including headaches, blurred vision, pain under ribs, nausea, sickness and very high blood pressure I know cos my mum had it with my brother. Its more likely to be a UTI etc. try not to worry its not good for you or babe. xx

I got told this couple weeks ago. I had protien & keytones but midwife was no help. X

The protein in my urine just showed up in the "colour strip" test - alongside a trace of blood. They sent off the remaining sample for full testing and that's what I have to call for at the end of this week.

Has yours been sent for full testing or was it just the initial routine check that highlighted it?

They sent it off for tests of infection but no infection found. I just read what Leanne said about pain in ribs, I have horrible pain under my breasts the rib area, I struggle to wear bras but even when I don't it's so sore n tender. I didn't realise it was a symptom of pre eclyampsia..

Make an appointment to go see MW, take a sample with you and have her "colour strip" test it again. When the nurse did mine and sent it off, she said they often come back with nothing found and that it happens fairly often.
Get another test, see what that says - the MW is the best person to advise, but if you don't find her too helpful, go to the EPU or similar and ask them for advice.
x

I got told my a friend who works at hosp that when protien shows on the test strips it's only bad if it shows up at the same time as nitrates & lucasites. It's normally a water infection!

They sent it off for tests of infection but no infection found. I just read what Leanne said about pain in ribs, I have horrible pain under my breasts the rib area, I struggle to wear bras but even when I don't it's so sore n tender. I didn't realise it was a symptom of pre eclyampsia..

Soz didn't mean to scare. lol. It is only possibly pre-eclampsia if it is with all the other systems. My midwife said if its on its own then its because baby is pushing all your organs up and its making you uncomfortable and can be really painful at times. I haven't worn a bra for about a month cos babe has made my boobs enormous and very sore. lol

I'm still really small breasted and only noticed slight change in size. Even if I don't wear a bra I'm still just as sore! It's weird! Im just worried with protien, pains & my bad sickness im gonna have it. I have hyperemisis so think I'm gonna b unlucky with pre eclyampsia too!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back