Dating scan dates?

kaybee

Reaction score
Had my first midwife appointment at my GP's surgery nearly 2 weeks ago and she said she'd refer me to the hospital for my dating scan and that I'd get a letter through to tell me when it is. They're done at around 14 weeks here, though as I got my first m/w appointment earlier than most - at 6 weeks - she said I might get it at about 12-13 weeks, but not to get my hopes up!

Haven't heard anything yet... How soon do you normally hear? (I'm not v. patient as you can tell!)

I waited 2 1/2 weeks then called the hosp as I'd been promised a quick appointment as I didn't know how far on I was. I was told it was 'in the post'! Appointment arrived next day. My booking in letter did say that normally it could take up to 5 weeks in my area though.

The m/w said to ring them if I don't get a letter and they'll chase it - not the hospital direct. And I don't want to look like I'm hassling her.

I guess I should wait a bit longer... I'm just so eager to get a scan so I can start a) believing I'm pregnant and b) telling people. Finding it hard to keep my mouth shut!

I had an early scan at 6wk+6 if i would of been 7 i wouldnt of been entitled to have a 12 wk scan for some reason. Ive just had mine on tues at 13 weeks, id keep pestering em they soon start to give in :rotfl: ring and say your going on holiday or summit around the time so you need a definate date :rotfl:

My midwife rang while I was there and booked me in however they couldnt fit me in till 14 weeks which is dissapointing :( xx

I waited and waited. The best thing is to phone up the hospital and ask them has there been a date made. This way they can tell you if they have received the letter etc. and how long should you expect to receive a date. If they do not cooperate, get your midwife to phone them, you are not pestering her, its her job to look after you.
You have been waiting long enough, all you want is a date, you are hardly asking for something which is impossible to do.
The NHS can be so slow, but when you hassle them, i.e phone up all the time!!, they will get their a**e into gear.

Hope you get your scan date soon!!

I had my booking appointment at about 9 weeks which they booked for me and then they booked my 12 week dating scan while I was there

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back