Can anyone help?

sally12

Reaction score
Ok...I am starting to panic about my scan now!

I think they are going to try and combine the Downs scan with my dating scan today because my letter says "Nuchal Dating Scan". Im not sure they will be able to do the Downs test because I am only 9 weeks but anyway...

They are asking me to bring my "completed blood forms". Does anyone know what these are? I had my bloods taken at my first M/W appointment but I only had a phone call to say the results were fine. Should I have some sort of record perhaps? Maybe I should try and contact the illusive M/W?

Agghhh...im so nervous! Ive done some scary things in my life but this is the scariest! :rotfl:

:think: i really dont know sally i would have thought it would have been too early for a nuchal scan i thought they couldnt do it until 12 weeks as babys neck isnt extended yet :think:
i would give them a phone and ask i may be that they have sent you the wrong letter.

good luck today, i know exactly how you feel its soo scary im sure everything will be fine, cant wait to see pic

My last period was on Feb 21st so in theory I could be 13 weeks today! I know that Im not because of using fertility friend - I did try to tell my M/W that I have really long cycles! :roll:

Im pretty sure they wont be able to do it but I dont want to turn up without all my records! :think: I really should have looked into this earlier!

Ive also been told to attend today with an EMPTY bladder! :think:

i see now
i dont understand the empy bladder :think: the only time i have had to have an empty bladder is when they do an internal scan but even if you are 9 ish weeks or 13 ish weeks they wouldnt be doing an internal one
is there a number to call the scan department?

OK, its all sorted...I was getting myself in a mess!

I left a message with the M/W and she called me straight back! She pointed me towards my blood form (which I have :oops: - blue, yellow & white page).

She said that these days you dont need a full bladder as they can see all they need to see without it! :cheer:

She was really sweet to me and didnt make me feel bad for being such an idiot!

Thanks for your help babydust...how am I going to survive the next two hours? Im a disaster at the moment! :rotfl:

Oooh your hopital must have great scanning equiptment!! :D
I still needed a full bladder when I went!
Im glad it is all sorted now and your not panicking anymore!! :D :hug:

good luck with your scan

it's still worth drinking before a scan as you get clearer pics. My letters from the hospital always state to come with a full bladder :?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back