Date confusion

VictoriaO

Reaction score
I'm a bit worried about my dates and was wondering if anyone else has had this experience.

I haven't had a period since March. I took loads of tests since end of April and even one at the GP's in May (she said I didn't get my period as I was stressed, and I did have a very stressful and anxiety ridden time at work then), but the tests were all negative until 9 July when I got a positive test. I estimate that I'm probably around 5-6weeks.

My GP has referred me to a midwife and they've booked me in for the first time tomorrow. The midwife who left me the message sounded a bit annoyed, like I'd waited too long or something.

Yesterday I got a letter from the hospital that I have an anomaly scan booked in on Tuesday.

Now I'm really confused and worried. I thought the anomaly scan is only given around week 18-20. Now that would make sense given the first date of my last period being 19 March, but it's not sensible given the amounts of negative tests I had.

Maybe I'm just getting worked up about nothing, but has anyone else had this large a confusion? Does anyone have any reassuring advice for a worried first timer :???:

It does sound confusing hun, best to just wait until the scan then you know for sure. Try not to worry too much, I am confuses at the moment as my last proper period was early may, june i only bled browny stuff for like 3 days ( always regular bleeds for 5 days every 28 ) then july when i was due I had spotting of again brown but CB digi said 2-3 weeks on the 10th and i took anotherr last night and it said same???? i dont think they are right accurate....so I could be about 12+ weeks? Just gotta wait for midwife to take a look and try not to stress too much, either way you have a little bubba nesting in your belly so take it easy :) You may have had low hormone levels due to stress or anything. hope it helps a little

Last edited:
Have you seen the midwife yet before the scan?
I know when I was pregnant with one of mine she felt my belly at the booking in app, as I wasn't sure how far on I was but she said your deffo not over 8 wks as I can't feel ,
But just wait for your scan if your less you will still get your 20 wk scan later on

hey im confused too. my lmp was 18/6/11 but i got a bfp 3+ weeks on 19/7/11. that means i would hav ov'd on day 10/11 of cycle????

confused.com

i know i had a neg hpt just before my june af, im normally regular as clockwork, 3 days every 29 days and last af started on 5/6/11 and just never arrivved again lol. tested on 10/7/11 and got a bfp.

i have regular 28 day cycles, when i went to my dating scan i should have been 13 weeks, i was put back to 12, so i must have conceived a week later?! bodies are strange things, you just wanna get on with your scan; see how far you're gone and take it from there really, not much else you can do til you know how far gone!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back