Damn midwife!

Crimson92

Reaction score
I rely on google more than my midwife! all I get is thats typical of pregnancy etc etc, just lay down you will be fine, does she not know this is my first! I could use some reassuring advice and not to be treated like I already have 4 children! ahh sorry for the rant, had a dif midwife today cause mine is away on hols again! Start of october - holiday, now start of november - holiday! grrr!

Request for another midwife. I did n I'm happier now. My last was evil!!!

my midwife is a cow bag too, i can barely talk to her because i dont feel comfortable around her. i dont even ask any more, i use this site to find out all my info! x

Mines tries to be overly nice but she is very forgetfull and isnt much use to be honest, she forgot to do my bloods 2 weeks ago then last week i reminded her and i still had to tell her again at the end of the appointment! She hasnt checked to see if im effacing or dilating yet even tho ive been having contractions, diahorrea and discharge and im nearly 37 weeks now! I feel the same as you, i always google stuff and only phone her if i dont get a clear answer online!
Sometimes you feel you'd be better off without them, they only ad to the stress!!

I havent even met mine yet! She alway seems to be on holiday or busy!
XxX

omg ippa thats really strange! mine said when i first met her she hasnt got any leave booked til like late feb so im stuck with the bitch for the rest of my pregnancy :( to be honest i think most of the appointments are really boring and pointless, i am just thankful for a healthy baby :) x

Well every appointment I seem to have a different midwife, usually a student!
But yea I know what you mean, definately glad to have a healthy baby!
XxX

My midwife I now have is nice. When I first met her she kept talking to me like I was a 16 yr old n told me I should be doing my gcses n not making babies.
When she saw my notes n realised I was 25 she was nicer lol
My height n looks make appear as a teen apparently.

Ippa u really need to request for a new one

Im glad for a healthy baby of course, but because we live in such a small town we only have a handful of midwife and only 2 of which actually go to my hospital so the only way I could change midwifes is if i started travelling 2 hours to the nearest city :( just wish she was a bit more informative... xx

I used to live in the next town and that midwife i had with my first child was great. After i started having problems with this midwife i asked to change over to the old one i had but was told you can only see a midwife in your area which sucks! I would gladly get on the bus to go to the other one if i could! Soo glad ive only got 3 weeks to go now! there was 2 months i never went to see her at all cos i was feeling fine but my oh wanted me to start going again just incase anything was wrong which i suppose he is right!

My midwife actually went onto google in an appointment cos she didn't know the answer to my question :shock:

really google? omg! I mean I really like my midwife, she is lovely, she just takes holidays all the time and seems to think I know everything about pregnancy... but I dont :( x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
itsa1231
Back