Damn chocolate!!!

ISH

Reaction score
My OH's uncle sent us a divine chocolate hamper and I have been at it like there's no tomorrow! Feeling all sorts of sick - in my tummy and with myself for being uncontrollable :mad: I've tried to not be obese with this pregnancy and I'm starting to give way now when it's almost over!

id make the most of it!
chocolate prices are due to soar soon!

i know how you feel, im terrified of putting on weight already.

i have a friend who is a student midwife in her last year at uni, she was telling me that whatever we are craving, whether its sugar/salt/carbs etc is the baby telling us what it needs! just like normally, if we are lacking in, say, protein, we would crave steak, because thats what our body needs.
you really shouldnt feel bad hun x

hope this doesnt sound stalkerish, but i see you are in Norwich. <3 norwich, just saying.... :)

Last edited:
I craved steak throughout the pregnancy and had vast quantities of it, but then I got an attack of the piles, and that was the end of it, LOL! It's just bran and lentils for me, doesn't matter what I crave.

(I'm not originally from Norwich, but it is a lovely place <3 )

before i was pg, i used to crave pencils (writing pencils) and dog food.
so obviously, my body was severely lacking in something!
but got supplements and i was fine after that.

if your body tells you to do something at this stage, then i would do it! (within reason, obviously)

back to the OP, is there any particular reason you felt sick with yourself for eating the chocolate?
xx

Well, there's that threshhold, you don't actually crave it any more, but you carry on just the same.... Didn't feel proud of myself for that!

oh well done......ow you've said chocolate and I have to eat chocolate :wall2:

Oh well, as long as no one forces me on the scales, LOL!!

lol!

try not to worry about it too much!
of course, i dont know what its like exactly in pregnancy, feel free to ask me how i feel in the later stages!

x

lol!

try not to worry about it too much!
of course, i dont know what its like exactly in pregnancy, feel free to ask me how i feel in the later stages!

x
I think early pregnancy was easily the worst for me, the sickness was awful! Hope you're not dealing with any of that :hug:

Ive been feeling a wee bit like that recently - a choc hamper wouldnt have lasted two minutes in my house this week. Ive been pretty good all the way through - but this week all i want is choc!! . I actually opened two christmas presents cos i knew they were boxes of chocolate - and at midnight that was the easiest option.
xxx

lol blame the greed on the baby and put the chocs away for a lil while. i know when ive binged on something i cant bear to look at it again for a lil while.

That's exactly how I feel! I've hidden the chocolate (well, the pathetic remnants of it anyway), because if I see any today I'm going to be sick.

Hopefully OH will make it disappear.

Ive been feeling a wee bit like that recently - a choc hamper wouldnt have lasted two minutes in my house this week. Ive been pretty good all the way through - but this week all i want is choc!! . I actually opened two christmas presents cos i knew they were boxes of chocolate - and at midnight that was the easiest option.
xxx

I've also been crazy for chocolate the last couple if weeks... Just can't stop eating the stuff... Even resorting to spooning bucket loads out of the choc spread jar... Mmm...

most people over indulge at xmas time so i wouldnt worry about it to much and u can always balance it out with healthier meals.just think about the cals u will save by not drinking alcohol at this time of yr

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back