Baby making diet

Count me in. What can I do with a twisted ankle? I've been hobbling for 2 weeks and had to stop jogging, I seem to have gained 6 lb in that time!! HELP! I tried swimming and it still hurt. I thought maybe some sit ups but as I am in the 2WW I didnt want to risk it. Any advice?

hmmmm.........errrrrmmmmmm....not sure with a sore ankle :( poor you....xxx

I'm in, need to lose weight and be healthy. I managed to lose 9lbs recently just eating healthy (plenty of fruit and veg etc) and cutting out the bad stuff. Had a major blip with this nasty cold when my diet consisted of cheese and onion crisp butties :roll: because it was the only thing I wanted.

Star Fish your ankle sounds nasty. Maybe some gentle short strolls just to get it moving again. I know ankles can feel really tight and uncomfortable as they heal.

thank you dita_parlo! that sight looks amazing!

tried a very short walk as its so sunny today, now in agony. Spent all of the England Scotland game moaning and rubbing deep heat in, it made me very unpopular! lol. I guess I will just have to try healthy food only for now...

What do people think of Tai-Chi?

is that something you eat or something you do??? lol

well my healthy eating starts tomorrow...tonight we are having a curry with all the trimmings :) i am going to try to stick to 1500 calories a day with plenty of exercise and see how i go....big weigh in in the morning.... eeeeek! I will let you all know my weight and then you can hopefully watch as it goes down over the next 8 weeks....

starting to feel a bit more positive again after my meltdown yesterday...looking forward to ttc again in may but terrified too.....

xxx

right....diet today ladies...

big weigh in this morning......13stone 3lbs...which is better than i thought. I am aiming for 24lbs weight loss in the 8 weeks so 3lbs a week..

wish me luck!!!

xx

Hi Everyone,

Can I recommend Rosemary Conely diet and fitness clubs. If you are thinking of spending money going to the gym I would advise maybe trying one of these clubs out instead. It's not like a weight watchers or slimming world club. The class I go to spends half an hour weighing people in (and you can choose to be weighed or not, if not getting weighed then arrive slightly later), then gives a 5 minute talk with news or something interesting about nuitrition, then there is a 45 minute exercise class.

The advantage of this is that the club instructors are trained in both exercise and nutrition so will be really able to give you some great advice on what to eat to lose weight and stay healthy both while TTC and once you are pregnant, and you also get a great work out at the same time.

The club I attend costs me £20 a month and that gives me as many exercise classes as I want to go to along with a great bunch of people for support. Each class is a franchise, so all are run slightly differently in terms of how many sessions are covered in your monthly fee, but the basics of minimum 1 exercise class per week plus a support network for any questions or worries will be the same no matter where you are. So I can't recommend it enough.

I lost 17lb in about 10 weeks when I first went to get ready for my wedding, so if you are prepared to give the diet a go and combine it with a little bit of exercise it really does work.

Hope that helps and good luck to everyone.

thanks for that info :)

i know i can lose weight quite easily when i put my mind to it...and now i certainly have something to aim for...

diet started today

breakfast - porridge
mid morning - orange
lunch - ham sandwich on brown bread with no butter and a packet of baked crisps, low fat yoghurt
dinner - ham salad with new potatoes and one spoon of coleslaw

also been for an hour long walk round the marina and harbour where i live with OH and mum's dog :)

was nice to get out and about now i know mc complete after my scan this afternoon xx

day number 2 and still sticking to the diet ladies... xx

Good going chick! I'm day3 today and also sticking to it; it was my nephew's 1st birthday yesterday and I had a TINY slither of cake, I was so proud of myself, usually I ask for the biggest slice! Gonna start exercising today too!

well done....day 3 and still going strong :) xxx

Good Luck! I got to my goal weight of 10 st 10 on the day I got my bfp so thought I had the best day of my life after very rude doctor told me I was 'too fat to concieve' at 16 st 6 in June! Felt like falling off the wagon after m/c and started to eat a few unhealthier things so Im back on the wagon again and hopefully this time all our healthy bodies will have sticky beans!

thats really inspiring to me, i was 15st 7 when i found out was pregnant and lost weight during my first 4 months, dwn to 14st 10 then lost the baby at 16weeks and comfort ate up and up and up and was so shocked to see how far up the scale lack of excersise and eating rubbish has led me to be 15st9 my fattest ever, we want to ttc again soon but i feel a bit at a loss you have enspired me to perservere with excersise and healthy eating again and make it down to 11st if at all possible, i was beggining to feel that it wasnt real people ho managed to lose that sortv weight, and its so positive to see you managed your target weight, may i ask how u did it was it a set plan? x

thankyou to everyone on this thread im going to join you all in healthy eating and excersise now you are all such inspirations thankyou op for posting this topic, its good to see im not alone. xx

:) my pleasure sweetie...join me on my plight!!! it helps to think we are getting healthy for our beans-to-be :D xx

i just mc at 9 weeks and athough i know it wasnt cos i am overweght...i want to make usre i give me and bean the best shot next time...plus i wanna be a healthy pregnant lady...with no 'risks' xx

Last edited:
I agree with K8, it is inspiring, and so nice to all be doing it together, it's a really good part of the ttc process to get ourselves as healthy as possible.

I am desperate for my ankle to heal so I can start doing something, anything! Trying to eat healthily and as soon as its better I've signed up for a tai chi class to start next week, I had to pay for a month in advance so I cant skip it or I don't get the money back.

I'm bridesmaid for my step sister at the end of April, she and the other 2 bridesmaid are all about a size 8 so I really dont want to be the massive book end!

well my 2 bridesmaids are both skinny mares...ha ha....but i hopefully will have a bump and i dont care whether i am a curvy bride :) so long as i am a healthy and blossoming one xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back