Damaged back from Epidural or Spinal block?

jo jo

Reaction score
Hi

When i was in labour i had an epidural and when i went down for my section i had a spinal block. Now when i straighten my back or stretch i have a sharp pain in my back around the same place i had my epidural and spinal, does this mean my back is damaged from it and is there anything that can be done to make it better?

I experienced this a few times after my spinal block but it has now thankfully subsided, although my back gets tired more easily now. Mind you, the rest of me gets tired more easily too. So maybe that's why! :lol:

Sue

HI

I got an epidural during my emergency section and i have really bad lower back pain but i had a back problem previously as well.
It might be from the spinal block ive never had one so i wouldnt know
Katrina

I had an epidural and a spinal block and have suffered with a bad back ever since. I used to have back ache quite frequently before though as im tall so have to bend to do most things ...eg..washing up etc!
I find now that i cant stand for too long without it aching, if im out shopping it usuallly aches like mad so im leaning over the trolley trying to ease the pain!!!!!! lol :lol:

Hi

Me too! I might be going for physio for my back if i doesn't improve. I also have weakness in my hands and I cant lie on my left side atall.

Lou

Thanks for your replies. Ill mention it to my dctor at my 6 week check.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back