• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Dad to be Help =(

Ginge2011

Reaction score
Hey guys,

I am sure there are already posts on this site with the same questions and the same problems but i just need someone to kick me up the bum and tell me i am bein silly.

me and my partner found out she was pregnant and it was unexpected and it turns out she got pregnant during the first month of us being together, we have been together six months now and we are coming up to our 20 week scan =) but i am finding it hard with the hormones, this is our first ever child and i totally understand that hormones are raging and mood changes are a big thing but i also keep getting scared that she doesnt care for me, i think i am more scared because she got pregnant in the first month and there fore i dont really no what she is like i suppose.....its like one minute she is cuddly and kind and next minute she just blanks me and gives me one word answers or calls me names =/.

like i said i just need someone to tell me i am being stupid and this is expected, i have read lots of posts on other sites that say there girlfriends hate them but i suppose i just need personal advise =).

were both really happy for the baby and cant wait.

thank you

i think what your experiencing is normal my husband and family said i was a nightmare on my last pregnancy and some was a bit scared of saying the wrong thing to mee wooopsssie haha i thought i was nice all the way through lol warning though you might get called a lot during labour too, and fair play for sticking around and being there :)

i think its normal but i understand how difficult it must be if you didnt even get to know each other before she got pregnant!

x

Awwww how cute are you searching for answers! Good on you lad/man male person! I know a lot of men would run a mile.

What you are experiencing sounds normal to me hun. I have been a nightmare so far this pregnancy, I can be sweet as sugar one minute, crying the next and then agressive the minute after that. I have never apologised to my partner or my son so much in my life!

Pregnancy can play with your head......I wonder if your partner is also having worries that you had not been together long and that is playing on her mind and making her worse? Also, as she is aproaching 20 weeks her body shape will be changing drastically (if it has not already) this can also have an adverse effect on women.

Have you tried talking with her? If not my advice would be to speak with her when she seems relaxed - don't accuse her of being a bitch or being the devils daughter etc just ask her how she is feeling, if she is happy, if there is anything you can do. Explain to her it's your first baby too and you really do not know what you should be doing for her. You may find that she opens up to you and you can both speak freely after sharing your fears.

Communication is the only thing that is going to get you thru this and keep you together.....you have just gotta find your way of communication.

Good luck hun x

Me and my DH ahd only been together for about 6 weeks when i fell pregnant with our eldest, it sounds completely normal about her hormones I know I could be a complete cow with him during my first pregnancy, I think it probably just that she is still getting used to the pregnancy and could be a little unsure in the relationship itself just because of how quickly everything has happened xx

I echo Miss, it shows something lovely that you're that bothered that you are looking for reasurrance and not just getting out as soon as you could!

We're having our second and I love my OH more than life itself, he does everything for me and my son and yet I can't help being a frigging BITCH to him. I really can't help it. It's not right, it's not fair and it's not on but I really can't stop! I don't know if it's because I find my job so frustrating and I take it all out on him when I get home or what but he gets it!

He seems to brush it off quite well as we were together a little longer before we had out first but it was still only 9 months later that I got pregnant. that was 5 years ago.

I'm sure she loves you and appreciates the fact that you are both making a go of the whole family thing so just hand in there!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Salata Sara
Back