Cycle 2 Clomid

kirstymichelle

Reaction score
well she arrived spotted on CD12 just a little brown and got my hopes up after my tests then woke this AM to heavy bleeding,

So i am NOT testing until CD14 (if i get there) this cycle .... I knew it was bad when i took my temp yesterday morning and it was the dreaded 36.5 so i do know when i'm safe to test to avoid doing this to myself , i just dont know why i dont hold out!! Well i am this cycle so i guess its about 15 days till ovulation :).

My symptoms have been crazy too with nausea, spots on my shoulders , tiredness fom CD9 i guess i can ignore all these for this month oh sore sore boobies too!

I'm feeling so let down and dissapointed with myself really , i have had 3 lines on reveal tests a faint line on a FRER and two on sainsbury's own , i have done too many tests wasted too much money so this is like a big telling off for myself.

I have faith it will happen especially having a 28 day cycle this time its sooo much better than a 40+ and i feel confident that i ovulated too hence the cycle length which is a bonus too.

So tomorrow is a new day and i am going to hammer my assignments today now my mind is taken off 'am i pregnant'.

I'm going to keep this as a personal diary this month to remind myself not to get carried away after ovulation .

I do hope we get some BFP's in here soon x x x

I'm sorry she got you Kirsty :hug:

That's the problem with being in ltttc, that we can't really do the whole fun 2ww hype thing because it's just too destructive when it's so important to us.

I hate low sensitivity tests, they're just bs. They pick up lines all the time and when people want something so bad they lose their perspective.

I think testing at 14 DPO is the most sensible thing any of us can do - if we manage to hold out for it lol ;) Easier said than done :)

A 28 day cycle is definitely a good thing :good:

I'm ok that she's here no tears or anything i think its because im so used to her arriving in the end anyway. Its a heavy one though so im housebound. But i'm using that as an excuse really to not go to my friends halloween party , im such a hermit x

Go on, get to the party! Or is it tonight and you've missed it already?

You need to get out there and give yourself something else to remember the year by besides ttc :)

I never went Lou , i sat and watched THOR with my OH and im glad i did Thor was yummmmmy ;)

Plus it was raining and i was so comfy i said to OH , 'i love being here, i may be on the most heavy period ever , but im so comfy and happy'
and no hangover ( 1 glass of wine would do that to me) so im sat being naughty with my dog across my knee on the sofa ( she's not allowed up) , only thing is she's really bad with her elbows digging in, but i'll let her off because she's a darling.

So its CD2 and time to take the Clomid i take it in the morning , the effects are not that bad during the day , it's when i stopped taking them and got a 5 day headache that bothered me more, i am not looking forward to that again!
Did an OPK this morning for records sake wanted to be sure before i take this tablet , no need on the preg test cos i get faint lines anyway , well was even on CD1. I have to say the OPK has an alright line for me too , but it's not positive so i'm safe to start my Clomid - anyway with a bleed this heavy i think that tells me all i need to know!
Actually looking forward to growing some follicles! and thinking about changing my diet , i love sweets and chocolate too much! i even have them for breakfast - i need to restrict them as much as possible my blood sugar must be sky high cos its all i eat.
Do you think it's worth me askin for a insulin resistance test?? x x

Ah well, at least you had a nice night :)

If your having sweets for breakfast i'd definitely do and get your insulin resistance checked ;)

Did you mention you diet to your doctor? I'm just thinking that there is something else they might have given you besides clomid........ Metformin! but guess the insulin test would be for that anyway.

Tsk tsk about the dog on the sofa :shakehead:

She's still a pup, bad habits stick ;) Just make sure you are specifically inviting her up and not letting her up because she assumed to come up iykwim :) Don't let her stay there if you leave the sofa at all and never ever on consecutive days ;)

Sorry the witch got you Kirsty! :hugs:

Waiting til 14 dpo makes complete sense, I'm meeting her 1/2 way and waiting til 12dpo, I have always had a BFP by then so hopefully I'll be able to oonsider myself out, and if I decide to test again I'll only be able to do it for 2 days, which hopefully be less stressful than testing from 8/9dpo!

Good luck for next cycle!

xx

Hi Kirsty, so sorry she got you :(
I also think you're right about testing early, when you get your hopes up it just makes it harder when the witch arrives.
FX this second round of clomid will work its magic!
And with your fab 28 day cycles, you don't have as long to wait till ovulation again! In the mean time, have a glass of wine and relax sweetie xxx

Sorry Kirsty! Ive just jumped in as Im at my dads grabbing the internet. Im about to take provera again on Fri to induce a bleed then 2nd cycle of Clomid for me too!! This time 100mg! FX for you this month!

Last edited:
:wave: hey!

I havn't posted much in here but just wanted to wish you lots of luck with this cycle. It sounds really positive that you are having 28 day cycles and good luteal phases on the clomid.

I'm going to take my last tablet of cycle 4 tonight and am praying that its 4th time lucky!

Lots of luck. x :dust:

Good luck to you all for these next cycles,

Well CD4and AF has gone , that is very very unusual for me i'm usually 6 days or more, more or less slowed to a stop yesterday so 3 and a bit days of period!!!! BARGAIN!!

So CD4 and i am having hot flushes but feeling really really content with life , don't get me wrong its hard work but i like it at the min , took my little monster trick or treating with my friends little ones , i will post a piccie in a bit they were so cute, well Malise wasn't she was scary.

I'm off on the school run nd i mean it will be a run too cos i'm late to start walkin but this is the first time i've sat down all day.......................oh shi* forgot to phone the clinic to tell them i started this cycle! will do that when i get back too ................ x

Sorry she got you hun.
Lots of luck for this cycle. x

I am really sorry the witch got you hunny :hugs:

I gave up testing early a long time ago, seeing all those negative tests was heartbreaking, so I dont blame you for holding off this cycle. Just think how exciting it will be when you realise that AF is late and you do a test and boom ... BFP!!! :)

The great news is that the clomid is working so now it is only a matter of time xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back