Cutting down on Milk

lucylou

Reaction score
I am just taking Charlie down to 2 bottles a day now. one in the morning and one at night, i can't help but worry that this'll be ok and he'll get enough milk, his daily routine is:

Wake Up at 8.30am and he gets washed and dressed, we play and then he has readybrek or weetabix and 8oz milk.

1'oclock, he has either cheese or tuna sandwich with a few bits of finger foods i.e mini cheese, cucumber, tomato, strawberries, grapes, dried apricot and then he has a petit filous and juice.

5'oclock he'll have dinner followed by dessert and juice.

7.30pm bath, dressed, story and 8oz milk.

Does this sound ok, was wondering what everyones else routines were? x

Ewan still has 3-4 bottles of milk a day, he is 11 months
8am bott;le then brekkie ,1-2pm lunch + bottle, 5-6pm tea + water
then a bottle before bed, and he will usually wake up during the night for a bottle :roll:
think they r still supposed to have at least 1 pint 500ml milk a day till approx 2 yrs old.
milk is their main food untill they are one when they can eat almost anything or so i am told by my hv

My hv told me as soon as they can eat lumps then they can eat what you eat except for things really high in salt like chinese food. Was also told by 8 months they should have cut down bottles and be on 3 meals a day as well as snacks and juice. They should still have about a pint a day though but that can be in the form of any diary like yogurt or cheese.

Your routine sounds fine hun. Your baby is taking enough milk because of having the yogurt and bits of cheese in between. Try not to worry too much you'll soon know if it's not right for your baby.

Ava is off bottles now, but was having 3 bottles a day until she turned 12 months.

I still give her 3 servings of milk a day because her doc advised around 20oz/per day.

7-8am - Milk
Breakfast by 10am
Lunch w/ Milk around 2-3pm
Dinner w/ water around 6
Milk before bedtime.

She has small snacks throughout the day.

Lydia's routine is:

7am wake up

8.15am breakfast (at the moment usually eggs..I'm running out of breakfast ideas as she doesn't like cereal) with water to drink

around 10.30am 8oz bottle and nap

12.30pm wake up, have lunch with water to drink

then she has a few snacks during the afternoon with water to drink

6pm dinner with water to drink

9pm 8oz bottle before bed

then she usually wakes up in the night crying so I have to give her another 8oz bottle which she sucks to get herself back to sleep. I know it's a bad habit, bad for teeth, yadda yadda yadda, but without it she would just scream and scream all night so it keeps my sanity. I'm gonna try phase her off it soon.

So that makes 24oz altogether.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back