Curtain widths - help!

tuck

Reaction score
Help anyone as I'm useless at this.

I'm looking for some curtains and at a loss of what bloomin size I need.

My windows are:
66in (width) X 90in
47in X 40in
(however I'll go with the longer length so both windows match)

I am completly confused on what width curtains I need (the lenght I'm ok with) and also when looking at voile panels what size cause those sizes are differant again from ready mades!!!! :think: :think: :think: :doh: :doh:

anyone help....pleeeeeease

So that you have gather on your curtains you need to measure your window width then double the measurement of each half so you have double the material when you draw them, otherwise they'll be taut and look crap. I made this mistake and ended up buying another set for my living room window so now I have 2 sets of curtains (4 pieces of material) if you get what I mean.

:) It is confusing :roll:

Thanks Lou

well I've taken a chance and ordered some, hope I've got it right as ordered them from UK so if they're wrong it would be too expensive to send em back!!!!!

tuck said:
Thanks Lou

well I've taken a chance and ordered some, hope I've got it right as ordered them from UK so if they're wrong it would be too expensive to send em back!!!!!

If the width is too small you'll just have to not draw them :wink: either that or buy another pair like I had to :roll: You'd think they would just sell them so that you can gather from the width measurement ie with double the material :roll:

Hope they are ok :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back