Advice please! This can't continue!

Toonlass

Reaction score
Hi everybody, I am in serious need of help. Lucas (my hybrid human child who does not require sleep) is waking up at 5am yes FIVE am every day. It's comes to something when a lie in is 5.15am like. :wall2:

I've swapped his room, black out curtains and towels up at windows, put him back in a cot, kept him up later than I like to stay up, filled his tummy, let him sleep with me, pretty much everything I can think of, I've done, short of drugging him (which clearly I won't do lol) I thought he was getting up early to see Jacob as that is usually his first port of call but they are sharing a room now and things are no better.

Please tell me there is a solution for this because I'm going out of my mind!

Much love, netty xx

No advice im afraid hun. Tegan is up at 5.30 most mornings!! Nice to see you around xx

Same here, Freya likes to get up at 5am!! Zzzzz she then has a sleep at 8am when I've just about woken up lol!! X

It's nice to be seen chick. I'm hoping to be around more again xx

It's not really advice hun my Lo is only 9 months at a different stage to yours but when I turned two my mum said it was like I just didn't need to sleep. she even took me to the gp who gave her a light sleeping medicine for me. But even that didn't work well. Sometimes I think you just have to stick it out :(

He's always been the same TBH, I've made many a thread about him and his lack of sleep. I'm going to just have to accept it I think. I'm going to bed early enough to live with it but Jacob is non to pleased about his precious sleep being interrupted xx

Have you got one of those gro clocks with thd sun. My daughter was waking then and we just used that to get her to stay in bed later And later. With lots of sticker rewards and a reward chart for doing it

When aoibheann started this we set the heating to come on for a half hour every morning when she was starting to wake and it worked . I'm sure that's not the best idea now that it's umber though ? What about a bigger supper before bed in case he is waking up hungrier ?

I'll have to look into these gro clocks. Thanks. :thumbup:
Lucas is always hungry, he loves food but I've filled him to bursting point and it makes nO difference. The heating we've tried on and off! We have even blacked out the window on the landing so no light creeps under his door!
Lucas is a total sweetheart but his determination is something else! The boy knows what he wants even if it's not for the best.
Light nights are amazing, but light mornings (even if the tiniest crack of light through black out curtains) has slot to answer for xx

I know my lovely winter lie ins are gone ! Sorry I can't come up with anything more helpful x

I was going to suggest a gro clock to.

I tell Aidan its still bedtime and he needs to back to sleep, sometimes he huffs and others he doesnt. But it works for us. x

do u think 3 month olds will understand the gro clock?? lol..xx

Uch, i'm having this issue too. I know going to bed early is the answer, but its not always possible is it? Esp when you have a house to run & other LO's to look after. I remember with my 1st LO not getting a proper long lie til she was about 3. I think....when you could just quickly pour a bowl of cereal, put on cartoons & kip on the couch.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kayx94
Back