Decorating my new home thread

Geordie&Bairn

Reaction score
So many ideas for what id like to do with my new home need to share and get some advice and tips
I will add pictures of my lovely new home so you can get some idea what im on about later when ive downloaded them

first Curtains we needs some in the living room and bedroom

one of the biggest walls in the living room is alovely red so we decided to keep it the other walls are a boring cream
Ive decided that cream or white curtians with a red band of colour will suit the room not to plains just a splash of colour to tie the room together
Ive found these
http://www.choice.co.uk/rf/cho/p.do/kat ... ageSize=12

But the thing is we have HUGE windows ie the window is the length of the wall that means made to measure (expensive) to buying 2 pairs of the same curtians to fit
we need 90" x 54" for the living room 90"x 43" for the bedroom times 2

the ones above for 2 pairs comes to over £100 ouch!!! NEED to try and find them for less

The bedroom has a pale chocolate brown wall and the rest are pale egg blue
i want to paint the brown one a darker chocolate and the others either a deeper turquoise or the a paler chocolate
The curtians were dithering over :think:
Plain Chocolate, plain turquoise, chocolate with a turquise detail, or turquoise with a chocolate detail

the details ones are proving had to come by id prefer those the chocolate with turquoise detail

so far weve found plain brown and plain turquoise (though not the turquoise i have in mind)
http://www.dunelm-mill.com/range/Solar% ... pe%20Top/3

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... 0113651815

This is the turquoise i like
http://www.winsornewton.com/assets/prod ... QUOISE.jpg

Ive found these
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Chocolate-Brown-B ... 240%3A1318
But the width is way to sort for th windows lovely design and easy to do so i could get some fabric paint and stencil this design
James looked at me with worry scared id ruin the curtains
:roll: But im quite good at Art &Design I LOVE IT what do you think???
Any ideas for websites shops for other curtians im after?

Im going to use this thread for my contuning decorating of my home so excited going to paint walls get pictures for walls Ornaments ect

What are your colour sceems in your rooms??????

Ooooo pretty! I like your ideas! :D I have no idea where I would get the bits you want from.

Our house is....colourful! Our living room is the most pink room you will ever see ever lol! Its got light pink walls and a cerise pink wall with bubble mirrors pink blankets black and pink curtains!!! About the only thing that isnt pink is the carpet thats a nasty dark green type colour, but we rent it so Im not paying for new carpet lol it started off a white colour that actually went a mint green colour it hadnt been painted in that long and horrible brown flower sofas eww and manky old curtians! Our kitchen we painted yellow and we painted the wood there white when we moved in it was a dark red and the wood was dark brown the kitchen is tiny and it looked soooo dark and the type of red was not a "kitchen" red it looked really bad. The hall at the moment is a pasty pink colour...with BLUE swirls painted on!!! It is horrible and has a nasty border too! So we are hoping to get a big tin of cream paint and paint it that then paint the border lilac and I will stencil some pretty pics onto it. Our room is blue flowerey wall paper which is pretty nasty but its liveable and what is to be Ivys room is a weird orange and yellow combo so thats the next job after the hall! Oh and we also have a green toilet! Its horrible though like hospital green, our top Bathroom was the nicest room in the house when we moved in, its a orange colour with gold and burgandy its alright, its like the bedroom something that you can put up with for a while.

Lol! And thats our house of many colours!!!

Oh just to add I like green, but not the kind of green that they used in this house....Now I wanna go paint it all lol!

Our dining room is 2 terracota walls with two cream walls with a wide band of gold paint through them both.

Our loving room is Peach, beige, brown and duck egg blue.

Our bathroom is just white with some deep purple flowers in there but we want to retile it with large beige tiles.

Our bedroom is chocolate, gold and red.

Caitlyns room, is beige i love my bear and pink accesories creeping in.

Spare bedroom, is cream and a range of turquoise/blue accesories.

Good luck babes. Although i found curtains are expensive anyway. Have you had a look on your local market?

I have zero skills in curtain making :lol:
well we have decided we cant afford the Katon red and white curtains im gutted had my heart set on them
I cant find chocolate and turquoise curtains that are with in price range or the right length
And i dont think due to the cost of the curtains im alowed anywhere near them with fabric paint :lol:

now weve thought or 2 red ones in middle of window and a cream one either end
what do you think?
http://www.dunelm-mill.com/range/Lyon%2 ... pe%20Top/3
James wants to get these as replacement to the Kato ones but i dont know just dont look as nice I WANT KATO :shakehead: :lol: Were going to the above shop tommorow to look at the stripy curtains to see if they grow on me.

And the turquoise in the middle and chocolate on either end for the bedroom ?

I never knew curtain hunting was going to be such a night mare i love are huge windows loads of natrul light floods in but it means huge = expenisive curtians

Could you sew a nice burgundy stripe on some plain cream ones ? thatd look nicee and unpickable if it goes wonky but its not too hard :)

Thanks for the link hun
the length we need and the fact we have to buy 2 pairs its comes to £75.98 :(
We have to to buy bedroom curtians x 2 as well so it adds up the stripy ones James found are miles cheaper he thinks with head i think KATO :lol:

I have to admit i am not very good at all with sewing small things one a large scale i would make such a mess of it :oops:
I really wanted to make our new home ours you know stamp my mark on it shame my tastes are to costly :oops:

of to bed in a bad mood now :twisted:

oooooooooooo :cheer: :cheer: that last link 2 pairs comes in at £48wow ive been on all day trying to find them cheaper and you managed it in minutes 8)

im going to sweet talk James wish me luck :pray:

Thank you soooo much Emily :hug: :cheer:
huge gold star for you :D

do you have a tj hughes near you sarah? they often have very cheap curtains in :dance:

Living room
Image0132.jpg

Image0142.jpg

Image0162.jpg

Image0172.jpg

Image003-2.jpg

Image005-1.jpg

Image038-2.jpg

Image000-2.jpg

Dining room
Image036.jpg

Image035.jpg

Image0202.jpg

Image0212.jpg

Image0192.jpg

Image0232.jpg

bedroom
Image007-1.jpg

Image006-1.jpg

Image008-1.jpg

Image009-1.jpg

Image010-1.jpg

Image011-1.jpg

Image012-1.jpg

wow you werent joking about your windows were you.

its a lovely big space you have there and that red is gorgeous

Thanks Sarah And Joanne and Charlie :D
Suzie great minds think i like i was thinking a warmer colour for the living room to go with the red and i was thinking biscuit as well

is it because were craving biscuits now we cant have them :rotfl:

http://www.dulux.co.uk/servlet/ColourSc ... me=biscuit

What do you think of this will it match?

Charlie yes we have a Dunelm near us weve order the bedroom curtians from there really good price with the discount on top
look at the top of the page ive linked to the chocolate brown curtians weve chosen

were thinking of going to them to get duvet set to match the colours im going to paint the bedroom
brilliant bargins there :cheer:

:oops: Oops sorry Sarah admittedly I didn't read your full post.

I think the biscuit will look lovely with the red.

Our dining room is red, well one wall and the rest are noisette swirl or something like that and the same colour runs into our kitchen, so have accessorised the kitchen with red. We also have a lot of black in the kitchen diner cause we have a black slate floor that runs through both rooms and we have black granite kitchen worktops. The curtain in teh diner is a cream corduroy and a black roller blind in the kitchen area.

Our living room is dark chocolate brown on the chimney breast and cream with a gold stencil pattern on the chocolate brown chimney breast. The carpet is light brown with flecks of beige so its not a big block of brown mess. We have wooden blinds on the windows.

Our hallway is a very light lilac with aubergine curtains and wooden floor downstairs and beige textured carpet the stairs and landing.

Maia's room is the same colour cream as we have in the living room with a beige carpet and I have just accessorised with lots of different colours to liven it up. When she gets older we will decorate it with something more specific, but we were team green when we decorated.

Our bedroom is duck egg blue stripe (at top one thick and one thin) against chocolate brown, with the rest of the walls the same brown but about 7 shades lighter so in reality it doesn't look that brown more creamy brown. The carpet is cream and we have brown curtains.

I think the biscuit colour looks lovely! And you're very lucky that there aren't any bikkies in the house otherwise you'd be the cause of me ruining my diet :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I can't wait until we have our own place that we can paint and carpet! I've so many ideas!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back