Curry

positivity :)

Reaction score
Has anyone given their lo's curry? Obviously I mean home made not spicy, more creamy?

I made a coconut mild curry last night and didn't know whether to give it him? LO is 14mo? X

Yes, it's always gone down well. We served curry as a meal at nursery too.

I don't know why I'm nervous lol??

I think it's in case I can't taste spice that he might find hot iykwim?? X

I am sure he'll soon let you know if he doesn't like it!

We're trying B with chicken curry tonight - will let you know how it goes! (I'm just dreading the nappy afterwards)! X

Oh i wondered this too, we like hot curries so always make them like that
anyone have a recipe for a Mild curry suitable for babies?

I've been dying to see how T responds to curry - mild of course - and she's only 8.5 months! MrsT - let us know how you get on. I know Tilly likes spices like cumin and ground coriander already because I put them in a bean spread I make for her, so I guess she'd like curry, so long as I don't make it hot or she'd probably go through the ceiling. Right... I'm off to have a think about a recipe... Problem I find with curry is that it always tastes a bit weird if you don't put enough salt in... need to work on that x

A loved korma!

Tapatalking so cant see signatures

G loves curry, and will eat spicier food than me. We took her to an Indian rest at about 7months (DH is a curry fiend) - I warned him he was on bum duty the next day but it had absolutely no effect!! She quite often has madras with DH. X

On my iPhone - so cant see tickers :(

We tried C with Sri Lankan Chicken and vegetable curry and it was a hit!!

I agree with Karen it just didn't taste right without salt but I salted it after serving C and it worked fine. Made some coconut rotti to go with it and he was happy!! Xx

We have F a bit of naan bread with tikka massala the other night and he loved it, we also had fajitas last night with spicy salsa and he loved it xx

I must be bad. My 7 month old had chicken curry. Was a sachet of Heinz baby curry sauce. He loved it.xx

My neice wont eat anything but! X

Talking on my phoneee!! x

We tried C with Sri Lankan Chicken and vegetable curry and it was a hit!!

I agree with Karen it just didn't taste right without salt but I salted it after serving C and it worked fine. Made some coconut rotti to go with it and he was happy!! Xx

Sounds yum!!! Can I pop over if there's any left? :) xxx

Was a disaster! Mixed it with rice but B didn't like it and kept spitting the rice out. Next time going to do it without rice as strangely enough I hate rice and never eat it!
My hubby made it and I think there were too many flavours going on so will simplify it next time.

Ah. Shame he kept spitting it out, MrsT! I made an aubergine, squash and red lentil curry last night and am going to try it on Tilly tomorrow. It wasn't too bad at all with no chilli and no salt - it was very wholesome and soothing. I think I won't give her rice as she won't know how to get it into her mouth, so I might try it with something familiar like potato, bread or even pasta at first and see how she likes the taste of the sauce. Can't wait to see her reaction xxx

I was going to suggest adding potatoes to ur curry if LO doesn't like rice. I agree with her! I like rice with Chinese but not with curry :oooo:

Potato's! Never thought of that, might make a sag aloo as well num num.

Bear in mind it takes 10-15 tries of something before you mind knows if you like it or not. G used to spit out a lot of things the first time she had them - did it tonight with blackberries in fact. She used to do it with strawberries and now loves them! X

On my iPhone - so cant see tickers :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back