Crying in her sleep :0(

Emmylou

Reaction score
Hi all,

Libby has started crying in her sleep and it is breaking my heart! :cry:
About twice an evening, between being put down at 7.30 and us going to bed, she cries (always still asleep prob wakes up during one of these episodes every 3 days so its a sleeping thing).....we go into her and stroke her hair/ face and she stops crying and carries on sleeping......I hate to think she is having bad dreams at 6 months of age :(
She may well do this through the rest of the night, so we don't hear her and I hate to think that her cries go uncomforted.
Has anyones elses's baby done this?
I don't think there's much I can do to help, but I don't like it one bit! Just had to go through to her, and there were tears and everything :cry:

Awww :( Poor Libby :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:
I think/ wel hope this is normal as Keeley used to do it too... not sure why tho :(

Can babies have bad dreams? they don't have any fear so how would they know its a bad dream :?

I hope they can't have nightmares :cry:

:hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: to you too hun

yeah jaydes done it a couple of times its horrible isnt it :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

Have no advice but D is going through a simular thing waking up in tears...i just get him in bed with me and comfot him..it is heartbreaking..I worry what is going on eap as he normally doesn't cry at night

:hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: for you nad Libster

Hi

aww hun horrible aint it :hug: Kiara does this once in a while and just two night ago did 3 times in one night the 2nd and third time i went in and she was sound asleep didnt budge :?
Katrina

Aww it's horrible isn't it?

Gabs does this but it is more like moaning now. Almost very night she moans in her sleep. I do the same as you and go in and stroke her head and she seems to stop. Sometimes Gabs crys when her favorite bunny is out of reach and I just gently push him into her hand. I am also wondering if it could be to do with her teeth (that can cause nightmares) Could Libby be teething?

Big hugs to her :hug: :hug: :hug:

yep renee does this too. she done it a couple of times...

i always think what could she be dreaming about?

I spoke to Hv about it today she thinks it is teething and sujested some teething gel

aw, poor libby pops! :(

give her these from me and millie pops :hug: :hug:

I was gonna say teething tia was exactly the same just before she cut a tooth.

Maybe try a dose of calpol before bedtime and if she cries, i used to smear teething gel on tias gums when she stirred and that used to settle her straight away

:hug: :hug:

Thanks for your replies everyone, I think she may be teething, she has red cheeks, and moans & chews everything (!) & dribbles, we use the New Era tablets which keep her calm in general about things so she's no trouble with them really, I hope she cuts a tooth soon though!!
Think I'll try bonjela on her at night before bed, and calpol if she gets any worse with the crying.
Thanks for sending us both hugs :D :hug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back