cryed in topshop

lanny

Reaction score
o/h said he would take me out for a meal at the wknd as I havent been out in ages so I aked my mum to have the kids at mine for a few hours and o/h sent me shopping on my own to go and get myself summit to wear as a treat. I LOVE clothes but when pregnant dont buy much I just try and make do and think of all the stuff im gunna treat myself to once baby is born.
I am really into the latest trends and like to be a bit different I get most of my clothes from topshop.
So anyway I picked a few things up and went into the changing room.
Well I just looked like a big fat mess lol, and after about the 4th top I just stood there and cryed.
I love feeling my baby move and this pregnancy has been so easy so i shouldnt moan.
But I just hate how big I get and how much weight I put on I just dont eel like me I feel like I am living in somebody elses body.
I normally have blonde hair and I have had to dye it brown as my hair was just snapping so I cant get use to this ether.

Is anybody else not loving being pregnant? or are you all loving your bumps?

I know exactly how you feel! I have to admit i have not enjoyed pregnancy as much as i would have hoped I would :( Not that i dont love the fact im growing my baby and love knowing he is in there kicking away but i hate looking and feeling so rubbish all the time :(

I went in to h and m a few weeks ago to try out some maternity stuff and my i had to buy 3 sizes bigger than my normal size.

I've put on 2 stone and feel crap! I'm currently growing out a asymetrical bob which now looks a mess so that's not making me feel any better either :( I'm normally quite proud of my appearance and am usually a little trendy but right now im living in primark vests and leggings and baggy cardi's. I did 'fake bake' the other day so i do feel nice and tanned, but as the hot weather approaches i dont think i will be doing it much longer :(

I packed all my pre-pregnancy clothes away a couple of months ago and i cannot wait till i loose my baby weight and can start wearing 'normal' clothes again . . . however long it may take, im being quite optimistic at the moment :)

I hope you feel better soon :( xxxxx

Yep Im totally with you. I went for a meal last night with FOB and I just felt massive. I brought a pair of maternity trousers when I was around 20 weeks and I put them on for the meal and they really didnt fit :( Its not even that my bumps too big, its just my legs have got too fat! lol

Ive put weight on around my face and every photo thats taken of me makes it look like I have a football face and big old double chin. Niccilove, I was totally debating doing a bit fake tanning. Sometimes Ill spend ages doing my hair and makeup just to try make myself feel better.

Im not sure how much weight Ive put on, because when I weighed myself a couple of weeks ago Id put on just over a stone and a half from my original weight, and it just upset me. I think, for me, ignorance is bliss (or at least a bit better than knowing lol).

Lets all just think skinny thoughts! xx

Ive put weight on around my face and every photo thats taken of me makes it look like I have a football face and big old double chin. Niccilove, I was totally debating doing a bit fake tanning. Sometimes Ill spend ages doing my hair and makeup just to try make myself feel better.

It used to take me about 45 mins to get ready for a night out, now days it takes me a good couple of hours! I feel like i want to make a real effort just to make myself feel better.

As for weight on your face, i feel your pain!

Gah I hate this. And when people comment on it, it's just like omg shut up.
I went to my mum's birthday party a few weeks ago and everyone was like "Wow you're showing so much already" and one woman said "Wow your face is really starting to fill up." I left feeling like complete crap! It's like yeah I'm pregnant, but do you really need to comment on my size all the time? Blehhh.
We went out for a meal a few days after and all my clothes just looked completely horrible on me, not cause of the bump but cause of the weight I've put on everywhere else. I just burst out crying, I felt so bad about my self.

and when is this 'bloom' thing supposed to start?? im off to tri 3 next week and i'm not glowing!!

Ive only got 5 weeks left and Im still waiting for the 'bloom'. Its all lies!!

MASSIVE HUGS <3

I feel exactly the same - ive had 2 friends weddings while being pregnant!! It was awful - nothing fit me and I looked like a big fat mess :( I remember when my friends were pregnant & they used to say "im soooo fat" and id be shocked and think you're not fat - you're pregnant!! but now i COMPLETELY understand!! its horrible!!!

I just wana wear p.js all day - I dont think i look good in anything!! :( Its such a horrible feeling, no matter what anyone says!!!

I have brought one thing though - which is kinda flattering - its the Plain Black Maxi Dress From ASOS!!! Its gorge! its maternity and flattering in all the right places - it was £30 I think! which is a bargs!!!

Really hope you feel better soon, But i know excatly how you feel!! Although if id meet you - I would say you looked gorgeous x

Last edited:
Aw big hugs for you all girls x x I have to admit that I am loving my bump. I'm hating not being able to wear heels but I wouldn't be able to wear them anyway because of back problems. I love the curves I have whilst pregnant but, and it's a big big but, everyone tells me I have barely any bump (although I can see it I'm starting to believe no one else can) for 22 weeks x met some of OH's friends last week and the week before and they all said the same thing 'god you are tiny'! I don't feel tiny and compared to my 'regular' size i feel like my bump is huge x I put weight on around my bum and thighs when pg but I'm comfortable with it x x I just wanna give you all a hug x x

Oh and I think because I'm not into 'trendy' clothes, I love long skirts and flowing dresses that maybe I find it easier to find the clothes I love that still fit x x hugs

i have to agree with you all, i am not very good at being pregnant. I dont like looking in the mirror at this stage, the 'is she pregnant or just fat' stage. nothing fits, maternity clothes that i have from last pg are a bit big but there is no way my bum or my thighs would even entertain 'normal' clothes let alone my belly...i just feel everything has leg go so early on...
someone said to me the other day 'you can really tell now as you face has filled out' i felt like saying the baby is in my tummy not my face but i thought that may be a little inappropriate!!

hugs to you all, i think we can all sympathise xx

p.s one of my best friends is pg and only a week behind me, she is a size 6/8 and still in skinny non maternity jeans...is there any justice in this world I ask??????

I know exactly what you mean! Have tried and tried to get maternity jeans that fit but today I finally got some great ones from Next. I've cried so many times over the past fortnight in changing rooms feeling fat and miserable.

I had to cut my jeggings to fit my belly this morning... needs must!
zjauts.jpg

Last edited:
I know how you feel Hun.. I'm a size 14 before pregnancy and only 5ft so you can imagine how I feel right now! My belly is getting harder but I still have a thick wobbly layer over the top, so I either wear trousers normally and have a B bump or wear them up to my boobs to make my bump look a bit more normal!

Right now, my eyebrows need plucking, my skin on my arms and legs are all scaley from my tan wearing off from hols, my foof is like a jungle and I have thread veins developing everywhere! Then my mother tells me tonight that I'm walking like a duck! Cheers for that...

I got some great maternity jeans and black combats (I think that's what they're called) from New Look. They have stretchy bits on each side so they can grow with you in pregnancy. They're also quite baggy (not too much though) so if my legs turn into tree trunks there should be enough room in them. :p

Thanks everybody for your kind words itsjust nice to know I not the only one feeling like this. I just keep thinking about what I am gunna get at the end of it. The only good thing about feeling like this is I so want to lose my baby weight when its all done and im sure now I will. I keep saying to my o/h by xmas I will be a different person haha whatch this space !!!!

I got some lovely linen trousers from Next for £20!! they are sooooo comfy and can wear for work or home!!

i agree with the asos site they have some great stuff!!! I must admit i had a cry when my jeans -which were too big pre-pregnancy - now i cant do them up!!!

I also have a really long body and feel my bump just goes on and an i'm having probs finding tops that are long enough!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ARCHIATER
Back