Crib bumpers

Lyndsey pie

Reaction score
Hi.

I am planning on using a crib for a while when LO is born. I've been reading that crib bumpers are un safe. Has anyone else read this? If you are going to use a crib are you going to have a bumper? Also what other bedding would I need in it? Obviously sheets but blankets or sleeping bag?

Thanks just a bit confused. :)

I just sold my crib yesterday after being convinced I was using it for the first few months!

I was planning on using a bumper for decor, but not actually while baba was in there. I bought a couple of sleeping bags so was planning on using them, yeah.

Mother in law bought us a beautiful brand new cot bed, and my sister has bought us a moses basked, so the crib seemed a bit redundant.

I did buy a normal sponge crib mattress though, and crib sized fitted sheets, they weren't expensive xx

I'm not having bumpers on anything cos I'm just paranoid baby can roll to it & suffocate. Nice & airey is the way forward for us! Xx

I have read quite a few negative articles about the use of cot bumpers and hubby and I have decided to not use them much to my MILs dismay. The risk of suffocation and the lack of airflow is enough to put me off. My MIL keeps saying that I will be making my baby cold!! But there is enough supporting evidence xx

Thanks.
Think I'll do with out. I just thought if there were to buy in shops and stuff you must need them.
Xx

Thanks.
Think I'll do with out. I just thought if there were to buy in shops and stuff you must need them.
Xx

Just because something is available in a shop, doesn't mean u need it. Look up the pee pee tee pee to back that up lol x

Sent from my BlackBerry 9800 using Tapatalk

Ive been told by two of my friends who have children that bumpers are a no no xxx

They're fine to make the room look pretty though! I'll just be removing mine when the cot's in use xx

My sister text me at 4 am the other morning advising against these as my nephew had wriggled his head under them and she totally freaked out. They're not on our list of things to buy now xx

They're fine to make the room look pretty though! I'll just be removing mine when the cot's in use xx

Of course hun!! They make the cots looks pretty cute!! We are staying team yellow so we will not be getting them but if I knew the sex I probably would have bought bumpers so that the nurserylooks nice and 'finished' when I show it to people x

I used one bcoz my Moses basket was wicker and didn't want lo scratching himself! He used to have a cot bumper but never reached it but now he has a pillow the cot bumper never was near him!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back