Grobags???

hels

Reaction score
Does any one know anything about the sleep bags/grobags??
Ive heard that they are really good and that you are only supposed to use them on their own with out covers?
Im just wondering if any of you have used them and what are the pro's and cons?
Do you use bumpers in a crib??
baby bedding has me confused LOL!!
Any other facts or ideas much apprecated!

I use them and i have to say they are brilliant!!! i woke up one night and jamie had the blanket on top of his head :shock: so ive used one ever since! (i tucked the blanket in tight too!!!) they realy are brilliant,you dont need any other covers as they keep baby as a constant temperature and also stops them kicking the covers off and getting cold in the night!
Bumpers are not recommended (and duvets) for babies under 12 months as they are a supposed risk of suffocation!

We've heard great things about gro-bags as well.

Just need to get off my back-side and finish my shopping now.

So much to buy and so little time! :D

We've got 2 gro-bags and they're GREAT!

They only down point that I can see is that they are always in the washing mashine so we need to buy at least one more!

Well I'm presuming you use a long-sleeved sleepsuit and if the room is the right temp it should be OK?

I am going to be a nervous bloody wreck! :D

yes they are the right things layla, but they are cheaper in asda, i think they are £10 or £12 for the same thing.

x

to be honest if the `room is cold, like when i wake up for the 4am feed(!) i'll put a thin blanket over him too, to keep his arms warm.

it's better than the alternative of them kicking ALL the blankets off, or over their heads.

yeah £25 is a bit much! we picked it up coz it matches the bedding we got (all teh baby jungle stuff) but when i saw the price i put it right back lol

urchin said:
to be honest if the `room is cold, like when i wake up for the 4am feed(!) i'll put a thin blanket over him too, to keep his arms warm.

it's better than the alternative of them kicking ALL the blankets off, or over their heads.

so its ok to put a thin blanket over them aswell then if it does get to cold?

cool, i might invest in one, i think its good coz you know they will stay safe and warm

Thats great thanks girls.
Ill now add a few on to my shopping list. Are there different 'togs' so to speak?
So let me get this right.....basically all i need is my crib with a fitted sheet on the mattress, and the grobag??
thanks again (sorry to sound daft!!)

i have seen different togs on ebay. ie summer and winter ones. but the gro bags in asda and tesco just seem to be one type. i am definitely going to buy a couple as joshua was forever kicking his cover off (still does now).

I've got a couple of these, one from TK Maxx and one from Matalan. The Matalan one was a right bargain at £8 and is really snug feeling.

The company that invented the real Grobag is just down the road from DH's work www.bumpto3.com they do a great looking room thermometer egg thingy aswell.

dior is 9months and i still use it on her :) she loves it its good cuz wen i put it on her she knows it bed time, but to be honest i do still put a blanket over her just so she looks snug... :)
the one i got is a pink velour one only £6 from matalan...
have a look in there jan sales in matalan, its good in there x

gro bags r great - look on ebay you can get really good bargains on there!

work just bought me one as a leaving/maternity present. they look really nice and warm and snug!

I absolutely love the grobags. I particularly like the actual grobags from grobag.com because they have excellant design features. I have used them since birth and 18 months later im still loving them. I usually buy a new one and one off ebay. Im not flush for cash but consider my £25 well spent on a new gro bag. As for the arm, i too wondered about that at first but i wear long sleeved bodysuits and its never been a prob.

Buy with confidence (no I dont work for grobag).

Oh, before I actually had my baby I thought they were the most stupid lookin things.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back