credit card insurance

mrs h

Reaction score
Hi can anyone help??
my husbands sat nav was stolen from his works truck he was delivering to an address. The idiot didnt lock the truck and so it was nicked. I have been told (although dont know if its true) if you pay for something on credit card and you are still paying for it then its covered for theft.
Would he still be covered if the truck wasnt locked?
Would house insurancde cover it?
Im really upset as it cost £300 and we cant afford a replacem,ent and he needs one for work.
Why do people have to steal :(

Credit cards vary you'd be better giving your lender a call :hug:

Just phoned halifax and the guy didnt know what i was talking about then he said no it wouldnt be covered.
Just checked my household insurance and it doesnt cover things in a motor vehicle :(

I know most car insurance you are not covered for things being stole if your car is unlocked but if you have a very good home insurance policy and can claim for things being stolen outside the home you may possibly beable to claim on it - think of your excess though, you can pick Sat Navs up for £100 these days so bare in mind your insurace 'could' go up next year.

NOt sure on your CC insurance though TBH most insurace companies do try to get out of paying where they can so its just a case of ring up and see, where one cc may pay another may not

I'm fairly sure buying with most credit cards cover items if they are lost or stolen.

I just wanted to say if you can't get the money and need to replace it... we have just bought this one...

http://www.ebuyer.com/product/125129

It is a very reasonable price, has fantastic reviews and we are really happy with it.... you can also load and run any other software onto it if you don't like the myguide software... such as tomtom or garmin....

J
XX

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DreamRapeVic
Back