credit cards?

lisa&alex

Reaction score
my mums getting a credit card for us.. for our deposit.. as the exchange has to be done within 28 days.. so by the 6th of june .. leaving us with 1 pay day so we obviously need help.. now.. im really stuck on how toapply for one and what the best type is.. we need to be able to pay for a deposit of about 1500 maybe 2k i think there was something ont eh tv the other day saying about purchaces being items you buy and not money you spend.. like paying for a deposit isnt included??? can anyone help lol

if you get a credit card for the deposit you will get charged a cash advance fee? i think? not sure, wouldnt you be better off ggetting a loan?

Have a look on money saving expert. loads of stuff on there with the best deals on cards, loans etc!

To take cash from a credit card as a cash advance is very expensive as someone else has said it would be cheaper to get a loan.

This might be difficult however because you cannot use credit for credit, so the bank will not give you a loan for a deposit for a house because you are using credit (loan/credit card) to obtain credit (mortgage). Same with the credit card.

The only thing with Credit Cards too is they can take a while to come through, mine took about 3 weeks because you have to wait for them to approve your application and you to send any documents they may want to see and then they will send you the card and within 14days the pin.

Virgin is pretty good coz they have an interest free period and they give u credit card cheques so it isnt as expensive and getting taking cash directly off the card HTH xx

i got my credit card from my own bank and because they pre approved me it only took a week to come because i didn't have to send away any documens or anything- was easy and got a pretty good apr etc...however
i dont know anything about using a card for a deposit..probably best to talk to a customer service advisor at your bank!

Could you not maybe ask your OH employer to pay a month in advance as a one off? Depends on the type / size of company he works for I guess.

We maxed our credit cards to get our house which seemed an ok idea at the time but it means we are paying a huge amount each month. It will soon be paid off though :dance:

Avoid it if you can but if its your only option, go for it.

hey hon

as others have suggested, maybe go to www.moneysavingexpert.com and post on the forums there for advice? lots of financial advisors hang out there in their spare time and it can be quite helpful :wink:

:hug: :hug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back