crawling on laminate floors

trixipaws

Reaction score
downstairs we hav this type of flooring, when i put millie down for her rolling/tummy-time i put her on a large playmat with a towel underneath.

yesterday, after rolling onto her tummy and propping up her upper body by her elbows, she started really wriggling- sticking her bum in the air, then she put one elbow out infront and tried to pull herself along, but instead all that happened was the mat pulled up underneath her :(

im sure she wouldve crawled a bit had it been more stable.

what do u think we should do, buy some kinda large rug with heavy rubber edges on the bottom?

or is there some kind of suit or something for babies on laminate floors with pads on the knees and elbows?!

we are buying carpet for this very reason but have a rug at the moment which we put his playmet on so it doesn't slide. I make sure and take thomas upstairs for at least half an hour of nappy off time in the nirsery on the carpet before bed as well!

We have carpet. But i still put a mat down as Santi is sick sometimes on hiis front. Think buying a mat s a good idea.
Santi has started to do the same thing. When are babies suppposed to crawl?

Well done Millie :clap:

We have wooden floors and tiles throughout downstairs and Evie has perfected the worm/snake manouvre :D

It hasn't hindered her at all and she is VERY mobile, I wouldn't worry, Millie will get round just fine :D - it just means she's just not the neatest crawler!!

Arianna crawled fine on laminate flooring, although when they get to the walking stage I think it is best to have a mat or carpet as at first she slid everywhere even with the rubber soled socks/shoes

We have laminate flooring and Harrison started crawling perfectly fine between 6/7months

Hi,

we've got stripped floorboards and so I got some of those foam alphabet tiles that you can buy and carpeted the main room he's in with them. They were great as they really cushioned his falls when he started walking too. They are all packed up now ready for later when we will play hopscotch games on them and do alphabet things in the garden etc! They weren't too expensive, I got mine on ebay for about £25 for the alphabet and some numbers and they easily covered our front room and a bit more.

+++

We just bought a large rug from ikea cos it only needs to last a few months anyway. He crawls fine on the laminate now but he still butts it quite a lot so I try to keep him on the rug if I can. When they start to walk I just used to make sure Aimee had bare feet and if she had a baby grow on I used to take her legs out and tie them round her waist. Looked silly but it stopped her falling on her face.

kellie80 said:
if she had a baby grow on I used to take her legs out and tie them round her waist. Looked silly but it stopped her falling on her face.

What a great idea, was wondering how I'd get around that one for those early morning activities :D

We dont have a single carpet in the house and Thea moved from crawling on her belly to being up in her hands and knees by 5 months. She walked at 10 months. Babies adapt to what they have, they dont know any different.

im in exactly the same position. I dont really know what to do as i dont let her play on the floor that much at all, as when shes crawling (well, on her tummy kicking arms and legs but not moving) her head 'slams' down onto the wood floor. Im so sceared she'll do serious damage.

im gonna look into those foam alphabet things...

rachelandjarvis said:
im in exactly the same position. I dont really know what to do as i dont let her play on the floor that much at all, as when shes crawling (well, on her tummy kicking arms and legs but not moving) her head 'slams' down onto the wood floor. Im so sceared she'll do serious damage.

im gonna look into those foam alphabet things...

thats what im worried about too. she does seem to let her neck get tired sometimes and splats her face down quite hard- she rolled off the mat this week onto the laminate and did it- she really cried!

what are the foam alphabet things?

i hated my laminate in my old house as liam was continously falling over and banging his head. we are about to lay laminate in our new house buthe is nearly two now so not an issue. another thing about laminate is that it is very cold to touch.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ARCHIATER
Back