struggling with crawling

trixipaws

Reaction score
millie only seems to try to crawl on the bed :?

if i put her down on the playmat or the upstairs floor where theres carpet- she just cries if i put her on her tummy, and if i put her on her back she'll just play with toys on her back or wriggle and look around, she wont even roll!

but on the bed, ironically usually the one time when i DONT want her to roll or crawl coz im changing a dirty nappy or something, and she wont stay on her back for 2 seconds! she rolls straight over, then starts the caterpillar impressions which i think is the prequel to a crawl :lol:

she can move forwards when she does this, so i guess she does "crawl" a bit, but the bed really works against her coz for one its squidgey so instead of pushing against it and moving along, it just moves with her- and another thing is all our duvet, matress and pillow covers (cant remember the word for it all lol) are silky so its very slippery!

shes gotta work a million times harder trying to crawl on the bed, and gets slow results, so why wont she try on a hard surface where she'll be more successful?

is there anything i can do? she can stand supported, and walk in her walker, perhaps she will bypass crawling and go straight to walking? does that happen often?

i got all excited and proud when really early on (like 3 or 4 months) she'd started this caterpillar impression that looks like almost a crawl- and thought i'd have an early crawler- but she's still the same as back then!

im getting worried now shes approaching 10 months :(

Aww bless her :lol:

Don't worry though, she'll do it all in her own time. I would try putting your duvet on the floor and see if she does it then...maybe she just feels safer trying on the bed.

Before you know it there will be no stopping her :D

Its getting the confidence for her Trixipaws, they are all so different, my started walking at 9 months and crawled for all of 2 mins but she didnt have a walker.
Maybe encourage her to stand lots and you and your bf hold a hand each and try and get her to walk and make a game of it. :D some babies just dont crawl, my stephen didnt.

im kinda hoping she does skip crawling and goes straight to walking actually. with our 2 cats, and millie's newfound vaccuum phobia :lol: its hard to keep the floors clean, and i dont like her putting her hands where the cats have walked after going in their litter tray and then putting them in her mouth! hopefully she'll be like stephen and miss it out!

thanx 4 replying x

Hannah never crwled hun she just literally got up and walked ta 10 months :hug:

Trixi, Tom never crawled. He hated it on his tummy and never worked out how to do it. He managed to get on to all fours but never moved from there. He started walking three weeks ago. Didn't crawl, didn't bum-shuffle, just walked so maybe that's what your Millipops will do too!Lx

aww hun i wouldnt worry as jaydes nearly one and still cant crawl some babys just dont crawl :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

Its hard to me to say personally coz kyrans no where near ready walking age but i do work in a nursery. To encourage the crawlers we lay them on their belly and if they dont like it or get upset we just slightly support their bellies so they can put their hands legs out a bit more with some aid. Slowly move them along the floor then if they're interested with help. That sometimes works.

For the bum shufflers and instant walkers toys that are high up that they can grab help loads. support walker toys, all stuff like that.

I suppose every child is different. I'll be interested to see how my son turns out since i was a bum shuffler and didnt take my first step until i was two! and his dad just got up and practically walked at 9months!

Good luck trying tho! Im sure soon she'll be running round like a little tornado and you'll wish she couldnt walk again!! :D

trixipaws said:
is there anything i can do? she can stand supported, and walk in her walker, perhaps she will bypass crawling and go straight to walking? does that happen often?

You need a shiny shudnave...

Anything bright or sparkly or something she isn't supposed to play with and then put it just a little out of her reach. :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back