Cravings :s

robtans1st

Reaction score
Can anyone PLEAAAAAASSSEEE help me!!!

I can handle wanting to chomp on ice 24/7 but i have this uncontrollable urge to nimble on a pumice stone....i have resisted so far but its driving me insane. I couldnt get the thought of eating a load of sand out of my head the other night so im guessing its the gritty texture im craving but i cant find anything edible thats even close!!

Any ideas???

x

How strange! Maybe put a load of digestive biscuits into a sandwich bag and bash them up?! xx

sounds like it might be a touch of pica , make sure to mention it too your midwife xxx

Oh really? I did google it yesteday and Pica came up. I didnt even think to mention it to my midwife today as had abit of a drama of very, very high blood pressure and having to be referred to hospital to be monitored. It is literally on my mind 24/7 will def mention it on my next visit. Just wish i could find something i CAN actually nimble on.

I hope you cn find something to keep your craving satisfied x

What about that popping candy kids have, that's gritty (though not particuarly good for you or your teeth it may do less damage than a pumice stone!)

OMG that is so weird. I dont have any advice at all - I'm just craving ice ice ice. Could it be an iron deficiency?

What about the little back seeds in a kiwi fruit, or pears can be quite gritty, or raspberrys with their seeds??

awww bless! Def sounds like pica - I cannot come up with one thing that I think would replicate the gritty nature of the things you describe......

Lol my husband has just suggested that you bash a pile of crackers as he imagines it would be dry like sand!?

Scallops can sometimes have some grit in them but shell fish is a no no... I'm beat hun - sorry!

Thank you for all your suggestions! but nothing is quite right! just trying to take my mind off it by chomping away on ice 24/7. Received a prescription in the post this morning for iron tablets so hopefully these will help if it is to do with a lack of iron. Theres even a bit of wall in our staff room at work where the plaster has come off and i can see some sort of sandy texture underneath. It makes my mouth water!!!! Very, very strange!!!!

Right I need some ice!

Can you imagine if someone came in and you were chomping away on the wall!!!!

I've never known anything like it! i used to be a smoker and the craving for cigarette is nothing compared to this! Have got my ice lolly tray back in the freezer, just a constant cycle of eating and freezing. Suppose this is giving me practice of the constant sterilizing and making of bottles (if i cant breast feed!)

Ive had to tell the women at work about the wall just incase they see me staring at it!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
candigrams
Back