Ok confession time.......anyone else with strange cravings?

EllieBelle

Reaction score
Having gone through my pregnancy so far with no real cravings I am now finding myself obsessing and craving "bath sponges".......I dont want to eat them, but am obsessed with the texture and smell!! :lol:

My husband thinks its hilarious, but after doing some research on the internet apparently 8% of women crave sponges - which is reassuring, and its all to do with texture rather than taste!

So come on girls own up, what are your weird cravings??

Ive had no strange ones just cherry coke... KFC Corn on the cob and cherry haribo tangtastics. Heard of alot of girls who crave sponges tho! xx

Last time round it was money, just wanted to put it in my mouth all the time =/ aswell as ice cubes
This time it's not really weird but i keep buying tubs of coleslaw and eating it all!!

None so far but I'm sure I read a long thread in third tri about the sponge thing- try searching for it- I just remember thinking it was hilarious! At least it's not whiskey or cider or something! I'm veggie and have been for 27 years and my OH so badly wants me to crave meat so I eat some while he watches- the swine!

+++

my friends mum used to crave sponges!! how strange!

i cant think of anything off the top of my head that i have craved :think: :think:

Last pregnancy and again this time round I've had a real craving for chalk. I really really want to eat it! It wasn't too bad last time round because I didn't have any but I keep eying up Austin's chalk and it's so hard to resist having a little nibble!

with my first and second pregnancy i ate coal for the whole pregnancy and with number 3 it was Rennies! :puke: :puke:

Nothing this time so far but with my second baby I couldn't get enough ice cubes. It started off just crunching it in my drinks but it got so bad towards the end that I had to buy the bags cos I couldn't freeze it fast enough.

I once even got up at 5 in the morning to eat some cos I was lying in bed thinking about it! Had to be a certain texture though - not too hard. And ice lollies weren't right, just plain ice. I had to take it in little freezer bags wherever I went, it was such a strong physical craving. My OH got so fed up cos I'd sit in bed crunching! Plus I was always cold cos my baby was due in February!

Never really believed in cravings too much till then, but now I know how real they are!

OMG SPONGES :rotfl:

Theres only half of mine left in bathroom :rotfl:
I dont eat it but just soak it in cold water then chew it, my mouths watering now thinking abut it!!!

The only other thing is beetroot by the large jarful!!! :rotfl:

I've been liking lots of cereals, cheese and lucozade! Not sure if there is any meaning in this cluster of random things!!

Mine I guess ar not to strnge - Early on it was corned beef so i was making corned beef hash & corned beef sandwiches.

Now it's bread & cheese in fact I went to Sainsburys on the way home from work & brought cheese topped rolls & ate all four whilst driving home :cheer:

I've heard the sponge thing quite alot!

I haven't had any wierd ones this time so far and with Brody it wasn't too wierd - just brown sauce!

nothing weird but diet coke which i cant normally stand, ready salted crisps which i dont normally eat , and tons and tons of cheese!

strangest thing i've found is i've gone off so many foods! green beans, chocolate (OMG), most sweets, white bread, tea (couldnt live without it before), hot chocolate, and any flavour squash

ive been craving duck and meaty things this time round

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kayx94
Back