Cramps

Discussion in 'Second Trimester' started by Emmalina, Jun 17, 2013.

1. Emmalina

Emmalina Well-Known Member

Ok, so I have been holding off posting thinking I can just ignore it or that its normal but as per usual my worried brain takes over. Over the last few days I have been cramping, sometimes it can be for a while, others for about 30 seconds and then completely goes. Its not painful, just uncomfortable and worrying. No bleeding. I dont like it though, i am also having a lot of ligament pain which is normal but the cramps are horrible in that i dont know what it is :( is anyone else feeling this? xx

2. Jodie_2013

Jodie_2013 Well-Known Member

I sometimes do have quite bad cramps hun, all bearable and not bad but I can defo tell they are there!!! I constantly getting shooting ligament pains when I sneeze or blow
    My
    Nose whilst laying down. It sounds normal to me hun I'm a worrier too and it's not nice if it would make u feel better getting reassurance from your
    Midwife then do it x

3. Emmalina

Thanks hun, I know deep down its probably normal but it does freak me out, I had a lot of cramps in the early weeks then nothing for ages now back again. I may call my midwife tonight or tomorrow if its still bothering me, I did just get a jab which made me jump though which is the nice side :) x

4. Jodie_2013

Jodie_2013 Well-Known Member

That's nice and reassuring hun. I went to my midwife two weeks back for cramps she just tested my urine and listened to baby. U never know u could have a urine infection? I'd give her a call but it won't be anymore serious than that.
    My midwife said it was growth spurts x

5. Emmalina

Just had my urine checked funnily enough and all was clear at that time but i might mention it to them to see if they think i should be checked over or not. Thanks hun :) xx

6. Jess.

Jess. Well-Known Member

Could be Brixton hicks have a read on google and see if it describes what you're feeling x

7. Emmalina

Yeah i did think of that although it says it more of a tightening feeling whereas I dont feel that, I just feel cramping, it can go for hours and then just come back out of no where and it worried me everytime x

8. H16

H16 Well-Known Member

I have cramping that goes on and on for hours at time every couple of weeks, for me it is just stretching pains. I wouldn't worry as long as you feel bubs regularly and don't have extreme pain or bleeding x