Cramping 10 days before period, after having sex 3 days before ovulation?

moxiegus

Reaction score
My other half and I had sex on the 2nd January (he pulled out EXTREMELY last minute) and I was predicted to ovulate on the 5th, although I felt the familiar cramps from around the 3rd, so I think I ovulated earlier than predicted (my cycles vary and so ovulation doesn't always take place when it's predicted to).

I noticed I was spotting - a light brown/pink colour - on the 5/6th. After that, I have been having cramps that feel IDENTICAL to period cramps and are still experiencing them. They feel, also, like I'm going over hills in a car, when your stomach 'drops' after driving over one. I feel this most of the day and when I'm in bed at night, even when I'm not moving.

Also, on the 6th, I overslept by about 5 hours, despite multiple alarm clocks. Ever since then I've been extremely tired all the time, fall asleep during the day and oversleep on a daily basis. (I was diagnosed with Chronic Fatigue Jan of last year, but this definitely feels more severe than the fatigue I'm used to).

I also do not have an appetite at all. Everything I DO eat either tastes different to me (some of my favourite foods have no taste to me) or I eat something that I normally don't like and find it delicious (I ate so many carrots the other day and LOVED them).

My final 'symptom' is that the veins on my breasts are EXTREMELY noticeable and very blue, and the areolas have started to increase in size, or appear to have to me.

AF is due on the 20th, but as my cycles can range from 22-28 days, I'm not sure when my next period is actually due. Oh, and my last period was on 24th December for 4 days...

Does it sound like I'm pregnant or is there another reason for these symptoms? Advice/opinions would be greatly appreciated! Thanks.

Last edited:
Hello Moxie and welcome to PF.

Your symptoms could be signs of early pregnancy but it can also be signs of your period, if there is anything really different than normal PMS then it's possible. It is so frustrating and confusing I know! I'd give it another 7 days at least before you test. It is very possible you OV early if your cycles range from 22 days. The pullout method can be unreliable, especially if your partner pulled out late. Some might have slipped. I hope you get the outcome you want! xx

Hello Moxie and welcome to PF.

Your symptoms could be signs of early pregnancy but it can also be signs of your period, if there is anything really different than normal PMS then it's possible. It is so frustrating and confusing I know! I'd give it another 7 days at least before you test. It is very possible you OV early if your cycles range from 22 days. The pullout method can be unreliable, especially if your partner pulled out late. Some might have slipped. I hope you get the outcome you want! xx
Thanks Tara, when should I take a HPT? I don't want to take it too early and get a negative, only to find out I am indeed pregnant. Thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back