Cows Milk

Maria1977

Reaction score
Hello :wave:

Oscar will be 11 months on Tuesday :shock: Can't believe it.... anyways... is it ok to try him on a cup of cows milk now? He's been having it in cereal for ages and has always coped fine with it.

Also, how much milk does he actually need from 12 months onwards? I know that milk becomes secondary to food at 12 months, but that it is still very important, I just don't know how many milk feeds he should be having from 12 months. He's still booby feeding far too much, 3 feeds per day and sometimes 3/4 per night. I think he's extra clingy coz he wasn't feeding that much til I got pregnant, but since then he just wants to be attached to me!

Cheers guys!

I started marley at 11 months hun, just switched right over. He has two bottles a day abot 7or 8oz each bottle, then another 4oz with porridge etc. not sure how much is actuallyyy needed but hea doing fine with this. Xoxxoxo

Charley went on cow's milk at 10 months and has been fine, it actually improved his reflux!
He's 13 months now and has around 14oz's a day x x

Do you heat it up or give it straight from the fridge? I'm wondering if he would like it cold, as he loves cold stuff coz of his teething atm.

Think I'm gonna give him a cup tomorrow and see how he goes!

I still heat charley's but only cos he's a fussy bum!! Lol

I'm still umming and ahhing lol He always had formula warmed up, not at room temperature but I'm not sure lol

I love warm milk, it's one of my faves but I always go off it when I'm pregnant for some reason. Well both times I've been pregnant lol

Jasper had cows milk from about 11months, he is still breastfed but enjoys putting himself to sleep with a bottle and i see no harm in it x

Well I was going to give him a bottle this dinner time to see if he got on ok, but then thought better of it coz he was supposed to be with MIL for a few hours and thought if it didn't agree with him for whatever reason I'd rather be around, so postponed it til tomorrow now. But he ended up having a complete breakdown and cried the whole time I left him and had to go collect him after an hour :wall2: Today has been a big fat fail lol

Try him in the morning hun! That way if he has any reactions u will have all day to notice it etc etc itkwim. Dont worry u will get there. Xx

Today has been another fail tbh, he's been teething hard again and is fine one minute then crying the next. It always seems like there is something lol Tomorrow morning though we are set to go!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kayx94
Back