When did you stop giving formula and switch to cows milk?

Full of hope!

Reaction score
I know babies should not have cows milk alone until 12 months but when did you make the switch from formula to cows milk? Did you do it gradually? Did you notice any effects on your LO or their bowel habits? :wink: :)

I've just opened a box of milk and have thought about making it the last box I buy! Jacob is almost 12 months and it seems daft spending almost £7 on another box of milk when I can start giving cows milk :?

Should I introduce it gradually? Maybe replacing one of his bottles a day with it? He has two bottles a day now.

Any advice appreciated! Thanks :D

we are doing it gradually... started 2 weeks ago with 5oz formula 3oz milk.. last week was 4 and 4, next week 3 and 5 and so on...

she has cows milk on cereal though

I stopped when Matilda was 12 months, she was also on 2 bottles a day, I think that for the 1st few days i gave her cows milk in morning and formula at night in case the cows milk didnt 'fill' her up, and until the formula was finished. didnt notice any change in her bowel movements etc
and when she started having cows milk at night she still slept through.

We started giving Zachary cows milk about 3 weeks before his 1st birthday, like you we were at the end of a box!

We literally just switched and Zac was absolutely fine, he was ready for it. Im sure your LO will be fine too. :hug:

i'm ashamed to say I haven't bothered... it's so lazy but formula powder is quicker than the stoopid bottle warmer :oops:

when i remember though I do get a bottle of real milk and he'll have it for a few days. we're not big milk drinkers though so i don't know what size to get and how long it lasts etc :oops:

he didnt have any sort of affects from it though. x

Glenn is still on C+G 1+ he HATES cows milk, he is even not taking to milkshake just isnt interested!

LO had cows milk on cereal or in recipies that needed milk from around 11 months.
At a year we switched 1 of his 3 bottles of milk to cows milk (organic full fat). He was fine on it so shortly after changed to 2 bottles of cows milk, 1 of baby milk (at night). When that carton of baby milk ran out I didn't buy anymore.
No changes in acceptance of the milk, no change in bowels etc.
I haven't had to spend out on baby milk in ages now :dance:

Thanks everyone :D I was thinking about replacing the morning bottle with cow's milk and giving formula at night so that's what I shall do for a while :)

I've been giving Ja cow's milk on cereals and in cooking since he was 6 months old and he's had a taste of it in a cup but it has to be warm so he will drink it :lol:

Leckershell... it will be costing you much more for the formula :lol: Depending on how much Ryan drinks just get 2 pints at a time and it shouldn't go off before you use it :) It will save you some pennies :hug:

I ran out 2 weeks before his birthday so just gave cows' milk from then. No gradual switch, just formula one day and cow the next. He didn't bat an eyelid!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back