Questions.. weaning onto cows milk ??

Skye1

Reaction score
I am really clueless on how to do this.
My baby has just turned 12 months, she is still on aptimal 1st milk, (HW told me to keep her on that till1 yrs)
How do I wean her onto cows milk, do I do it gradual or just change her over completely ? She has cows milk in her cereal anyway.
Also, do you heat the cows milk in a pan then put it in the bottle or do you warm the bottle up in a bowl of water as usual ?
Also does anyone keep there baby on normal baby milk longer than 12 mths ?
Will she be fine from now on just cows milk or will she need baby milk sometimes for vitamins ?

I just went straight onto cows milk. DS was a bit reluctant at first but after a week was drinking it like he would drink formula. Also we put it in a different cup to his water so he knew that was his milk cup (I stopped his bottles at 11 months old)
I never warmed bottles, just gave it a room temp so can't help with warming.

Hi, I started putting cows milk in DD's breakfast porridge and then started giving her a bottle with a few ounces of cows milk mid morning. 2 weeks before she turned one her formula ran out and I never replaced it. I had no bother thankfully.

Just change straight over if she has it in cereal her system will be use to it by now xx

xxx

I swapped one bottle first for a few days, then just swapped completely, tbh he didn't even notice any difference xxx

Oh and I just heated in the microwave and make sure I shake it up so there are no hot spots. As long as she has a healthy diet, she wont need any extra vitamins xx

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back