Couple of things to rant about

knopk@

Reaction score
I guess this is just a rant as I don't think anyone can help.
First of all, stitches. I guess episiotomy was a better option but they still hurt, when will it stop? I saw such a horrible midwife today I didn't want to ask her about it.

Secondly, totally my fault- I feel so fat but can't restrict myself in terms of eating, don't want the milk to be affected. I made a mistake of trying to go shopping as not many of my old clothes fit and that made me feel so down. It's my fault for gaining so much, I need to lose 10 kg. Don't really know where to start, I feel quite tired still.
I am going for walks every day but of course they wont have an immediate effect

I feel your pain with the stitches, mine are sore, I'm still not able to sit down, spend all my time lying down or on my side. I've been looking for a rubber ring but can't find one. Some of my stitches have opened slightly too but mw says she would rather let me heal naturally.

As for the weight, you've only just had your baby, I wouldn't worry about your weight (which I know is easier said than done) just take it easy for now, you can always lose it at a later date hun, if you don't feel happy :hugs: xx

Hunni you've only literally just had your LO! Give yourself time.

I was so like you when I had my LO...assumed that in a weeks time that I'd be feeling back to normal etc. Geez did I get a reality check!!

I felt weak and sore for weeks...possibly around 5-6wks and I too was out walking etc. I should've rested more cos I probably would've healed etc quicker and I think I overdid it at times.

Giving birth is tougher than ppl think and you really need time to heal and feel human again iykwim ;)

Huge :hugs: and don't stress about losing weight just yet. Give yourself at least to your 6-8 wk check up before you even consider the whole weightloss thing. x

I don't know about the stitches 'down there' as had a c-section, but that took a long time to stop hurting!
With the weighloss it will go down naturally while your body is healing itself and your uterus shrinks back to normal, but don't try and push yourself too hard! Unfortunately these things to take time, try and be patient! (easier said than done I know!)
You will start to feel better about yourself soon though hun!
XxX

Knopf I'm in the same boat with my stitches. They are killing me and all I can take is paracetamol which is doing next to nothing. I find I can only sit on the sofa or the bed, dining chairs are impossible. I also find standing up for too long really sore. If anyone has any tips please share!
As for losing weight I seriously wouldn't worry about that now. I look such a state most days but I'm more interested in sleeping than exercising when the baby isn't crying!
You'll get there Hun :)

I have to say my biggest best piece of advice is to have a couple of bed days :) literally stay in bed all day with your little one, I did it and couldn't believe the difference it made :)

hormones can make you crave carb and sugar so go easy on yourself it will settle and it will start coming off

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Zain mansoor
Back